Somedays when I’m feeling like I have nothing to wear, I like to go and raid Thomas’s closet. He has quite the collection of Lacoste polos, button-ups, and t-shirts. Since they are are pretty over-sized on me, I like to pair them with skinny jeans or something that that is more fitting. I love the overall look of wearing menswear but adding feminine touches.
For those of you that want to go and try on some of your boyfriend’s (or guys friends!) clothes, here are a few tricks to avoid looking like your drowning in them:
- Roll up the sleeves & then push them up
- Add a belt around the waist to get some shape back
- Tuck in the front so it’s not hanging down, but leave the back out so it still looks casual
- Pin it in the back with a brooch to again, get some shape back
- Pop the collar a bit to add some style :)
Thomas’s shirt (in the last pic) is one that I really love to wear often with some skinny jeans to class.