I haven’t always had good hair. I grew up having naturally very thick, straight hair that was light brown with some natural blonde highlights (very similar to what it is now). Towards the end of high school, I got bored with my hair and to my mother’s dismay I dyed it blonde. That was beginning of my hair trauma. After that, I went dark brown then blonde again then back to brown…over and over. All of that can really take a toll on your hair. I remember always wanting long gorgeous hair, but for some reason could never get it to grow past a certain point. After a terrible experience of having my hair accidentally dyed almost orange (!!!) I told myself enough was enough. I did some research and decided to start treating my hair right.
The first step in my new hair care routine was to take a daily b-complex vitamin (I have also taken biotin). My hair was so damaged at that point, that my hair dresser suggested I switch to a wide-tooth comb instead of a brush because my hair was so delicate when wet. I also cut back on blow drying and straightening as much as possible. I now actually prefer to air dry my hair whenever I can. I also tested out many products and my favorite by far is Kerastase. I use a tiny amount of the Elixir oil on my wet hair when I get out of the shower, then the Ciment Thermique right before I style my hair and finish with the Aqua Seal. It has been a couple years now and I can honestly say that if you’re nice to your hair, it will be nice to you!
- Drink lots of water
- Take Vitamins like B-Complex
- Use a wide-tooth comb instead of a brush
- Try to avoid using a blow dryer and opt to air dry as much as possible
- Don’t over process your hair with dyes and coloring
- Don’t sleep with your hair in a pony tail (it will break off hairs while you are sleeping)
*I order all of my Kerastase hair products from Amazon because they are a lot less expensive.
You May Also Like
- Summer Hair Care Posted in Beauty, Hair, Summer Beauty Week
- 5 Best Products For Healthy Hair Posted in Beauty Tips, Favorites (Newsletter Welcome Email), Beauty, Tips, Hair
- Why This Skin Inc Mask Is A Must Have Posted in Julia's Style, Beauty Tips, Style, Beauty, Tips, Skin
- 10 Days, 10 Ways Posted in Beauty Tips
- Vintage Curls Hair Tutorial Posted in Beauty Tips, Beauty, Hair, Video
- Repair And Protect Your Hair Posted in Beauty Tips, Beauty, Tips, Hair
- Daily Beauty Routine Tutorial Posted in tutorial, Beauty Tips
- My Five Favorite Makeup Products Posted in Beauty Tips, Beauty, Makeup
- Skin Care Q&A with International Orange Spa Posted in Beauty Tips