December 5, 2012

Everyday Makeup

BareMinerals Stroke of Light in “Neutral/Tan”/ BareMinerals Original Foundation in “Medium Beige”/ Chanel Bronzer in “Terre Epice”/ Bobbi Brown Blush in “Peony”/ MAC Eyeliner in “Coffee”/ NYX Lip Cream in “Amsterdam”/ Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in “Raspberry Pie”/ Bobbi Brown Lip Gloss in “Petal”/ Giorgio Armani Mascara

My current beauty routine is pretty consistent and filled with the basics. You can usually find me makeup-free during the week since I work from home and it’s pointless to put makeup on, but when I do- this is it! Once I find a beauty product I love, I stick with it for a long time. Some of these items are new to my routine (the concealer and mascara) while I have been using others for years.

You can also check out my daily skincare routine, where I share all of the products I use before applying makeup. A clean face and moisturizer is the key to the best makeup results!

filed in: beauty tips

Stacey December 5, 2012 at 7:51 am

I might have to try the bare minerals concealer because I love foundation!

xoxo
Stacey

Five Minute Style

Karolina December 5, 2012 at 9:51 am

great, thank you XO Need to try bare minerals concealer now !

Ruthie December 5, 2012 at 11:22 am

I’m a huge fan of Bare Minerals! But what’s jumping out at me is the color of that Bobbi Brown blush! Precious!

Melanie Fontaine December 5, 2012 at 11:31 am

I’m a bit of a make up freak, but lately I haven’t really had the time to apply a full face of make up in the morning. No that I need to look all dressed up in uni, but applying make up is just such a fun thing! The blush looks great – I love pinks!

xx
Melanie Fontaine

esther December 5, 2012 at 12:50 pm

love ANYTHING bobbi brown! though you’ve got to try trish mcevoy mascara, it comes off in little tubes. no more runny mascara!

Luna December 5, 2012 at 1:20 pm

Hi!!! Thank you so much for sharing this! I remembered asking about your daily makeup routine not too long ago! I’ll definitely have to try a few of the products. :)

xx,
Luna

Meaghann December 5, 2012 at 1:40 pm

great ideas Julia! Your makeup always looks flawless!
xo
Meg

Chelsea December 5, 2012 at 1:49 pm

I’ve used the BareMinerals powder foundation for years and have loved it – I’ll have to try the concealer too! Now we need to know what products you use to get your hair to look so perfect :)

xoxo
Chels

Jacqueline @ lifeandpinkchampagne December 6, 2012 at 8:19 am

I love BareMinerals concealer! The foundation makes my face turn up too white in photos so day-time only. I agree though, love her hair!

Sarah December 5, 2012 at 1:52 pm

So you don’t wear any eyeshadow?! I guess I never noticed. My eyelids feel naked when I don’t wear color there! But you always look gorgeous so I’m pretty sure you know what you’re doing :) I especially always notice your lipstick. You pick really flattering colors – they look great on you and with the colors you’re wearing.

Sarah’s Real Life

LG December 5, 2012 at 2:56 pm

Kind of sad you don’t use CoverGirl mascara anymore–I felt like I could relate your your makeup routine when I could afford at least some of the products you used. But this stuff is all bit too pricey for me.

Julia December 5, 2012 at 5:46 pm

I still use CoverGirl lash perfection mascara and very much recommend it, but the Giorgio Armani one is a new favorite that I have been using and is in my current routine.

Alyssa December 5, 2012 at 3:56 pm

I love seeing the items other gals deem their “staples”. Mine are always evolving and I’ve found some favorite products through other people!

Amy Shaughnessy December 5, 2012 at 3:57 pm

It’s nice to go without make-up every now and then. I love those days when I don’t have to go anywhere so I take advantage of a low maintenance beauty routine that day.

Amy

Fashion and Beauty Finds

Drew @ Catfish & Caviar December 5, 2012 at 4:03 pm

Similar to my routine! Very natural. Only I almost always wear eye shadow!

Jerrell December 5, 2012 at 4:23 pm

I’m the same way with my makeup routine. I find myself grabbing the same products day after day. I’m definitely going to try that Armani mascara though. I’m just finishing up YSL’s Shocking mascara and I want to try something new.

Jacqueline @ lifeandpinkchampagne December 6, 2012 at 8:13 am

Oooh try out Benefit’s products. I love their mascaras. Not as “high-fashion” as YSL but very life-friendly and reasonably priced (well – as reasonable as make-up prices get ;) ).

Stephanie Sterjovski December 5, 2012 at 4:28 pm

That concealer sounds good! I’m always looking for a better one. Thanks Jules!

Alexandra December 5, 2012 at 4:45 pm

Hey Julia,

Great post! Loving this daily routine! Makeup is like art to me, I love putting it on everyday and being creative with it for special occasions! Your blog has always been so inspiring to me! So much so, that have nominated you for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! To accept this award, check out the rules on my blog:

Happy Blogging :)

corbynn December 5, 2012 at 4:53 pm

I need all the makeup tips I can get! Thanks for sharing!

Corbynn
thesistersinthecity.com

Haley December 5, 2012 at 5:14 pm

I LOVE blush! Bobbi Brown is one of my favorites!

xo, Haley

christin December 5, 2012 at 5:28 pm

love me a simple routine!

Emily December 5, 2012 at 5:46 pm

What do you do working from home now? You don’t work at Tarte anymore?

Julia December 5, 2012 at 5:57 pm

Hi Emily, I was working at Tarte Collections briefly, but then had the opportunity to blog part time and work for ShopStyle again so I am doing that now :)

Cynthia December 5, 2012 at 5:53 pm

Hi Julia,

Love this routine! Mine is quite similar and I have also been using bare minerals for years! I also apply a foundation underneath the powder since my skin isnt as clear as yours. You mentioned that you work from home,What do you do? Does your work apply to the blog business? Or is something else! Do share :)

Cynthia

Julia December 5, 2012 at 5:57 pm

Hi Cynthia, So glad you enjoyed the makeup routine post! My work does apply to the blog business- I was working a Tarte Collections briefly, but then had the opportunity to blog part time and work for ShopStyle again so I am doing that now :)

madeleine December 5, 2012 at 5:56 pm

I have been wanting to try the bare minerals foundation! Do you use their brushes or do you prefer another brand?

Kyla December 5, 2012 at 7:23 pm

Hi! I work for bare minerals and always suggest our brushes (not just because I work there, but I know from experience) because they were made specifically for our foundation. I’m sure there are some others that would work fine but I know they work amazing! Hope that helped- sorry to answer for her. :)

Brie December 5, 2012 at 6:17 pm

I love Bareminerals and have been using it for years! I also just added the stroke of light concealer to my beauty routine and I absolutely love it!!

Ashleigh @ Jolie Jouel December 5, 2012 at 6:19 pm

This is very similar to my routine! Minus the foundation…I am just a conceal/blush/and bronzer kind of gal. I definitely want to check out some of these products – thanks for sharing! xx Ashleigh from Jolie Jouel

my jewelry blog: joliejouel.blogspot.com

Alex December 5, 2012 at 6:28 pm

LOVE Bobbi Brown products!

XO Alex

M December 5, 2012 at 6:55 pm

Looks simple and easy to follow… Thanks for sharing!

Mandy December 5, 2012 at 6:56 pm

Love this!! Your make-up always looks so classy. I’ve been looking for a new concealer..may have to try that bare minerals one out!

xoxo
Mandy
Saguaros & Stilettos

Stephanie December 5, 2012 at 7:08 pm

Thanks for sharing your make up routine!!! I really need to start using foundation!

-Stephanie
@LaminLouboutins.blogspot.com

brighton December 5, 2012 at 7:12 pm

i use pretty much all of the same products!!! great picks!

Kenze Lee December 5, 2012 at 8:08 pm

I love how natural your look is, thanks for the insight!

xo, Kenzie

Monika Reynolds December 5, 2012 at 8:16 pm

just ordered a few of these items – thanks for posting!

Monika

champagne-picnic.com

Sarah December 5, 2012 at 8:19 pm

Hi,

I love how your bronzer looks in your photos. I’ve been on the hunt for the perfect bronzer and so far have tried Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Soft matte and Guerlain Terracotta Light Sheer Bronzing Powder-Blondes. Are there any other bronzers you use other than the Chanel one? Or is the Chanel one you use pretty much on a daily basis? Love your glow! Thanks

Julia December 5, 2012 at 8:22 pm

Hi Sarah, Thank you so much! I also sometimes use BareMinerals bronzer in “warmth”. I usually only use that it I want to get more done up and use the Chanel one on a daily basis.

Shannon WIllardson December 5, 2012 at 8:40 pm

Absolutely positively loving everything about this!

Erin December 5, 2012 at 10:45 pm

Do you ever use liquid foundation if you’re going our or getting more dressed up? If so, which do you prefer? Your look is always flawless!

Katie @ Katie's Bliss December 6, 2012 at 12:51 am

Great routine! I’ve definitely cut down on my makeup collection and really only use the basics now. It just makes life easier now that I have a full time job!

Emily December 6, 2012 at 5:03 am

I’m not a huge makeup wearer during the week either – I stick with the basics like mascara & blush. It’s always interesting to read other people’s routines!
Isn’t That Charming.

celesteandpearl.blogspot.com December 6, 2012 at 5:17 am

What a great post! I get so stuck in my routine but now definitely want to try the bare minerals concealer and powder. And I just switched over to that Mac eyeliner and can definitely vouch for it (although its a bit of a pain sharpening it – small price to pay!). Just love your blog –
Warmest, Liz and Lo {celesteandpearl.blogspot.com}

Ashley December 6, 2012 at 6:26 am

It’s always fun to see what other makeup people use as I always find something new to try. Thanks for sharing, looking forward to trying the glosses!

xx
Ashley

Jacqueline December 6, 2012 at 8:11 am

Gah I love this! Always looking to see other peoples’ routines for makeup. Bobbi Brown is always a winner in my books ;) Thank you!

Corey @ When We Wander December 6, 2012 at 2:21 pm

I love that blush! It looks like such a fun girly color, and I’m sure once applied it gives you that perfect “flush” look – like you just stepped inside from a snowball fight!

Lauren December 6, 2012 at 3:09 pm

I love seeing other people’s makeup routines! I like to keep it simple as well with just the basics that enhance my features. I’m really into tinted moisturizer these days, how do you like using a powder foundation? I also am obsessed with eyes to kill, such a great everyday mascara!

Sierra December 7, 2012 at 11:14 pm

I love the Bobbi brown blush in Peony, I will have to try that out! I love reading your blog, you always have amazing outfits and makeup to share!

sierrableu.blogspot.com

Mary Summers December 10, 2012 at 11:01 pm

What a great post! I was just chatting about you to the Piece of Toast girls and we couldn’t stop saying how flawless your skin and make-up always look!
Thanks for sharing :)

xo

Special Occasion Hair and Make Up Melbourne December 12, 2012 at 11:38 pm

I do love them all. Wish to have them. Thanks.

Adriana February 20, 2013 at 10:10 pm

Hi Julia,
I’ve just found your blog and I love it! I also love your eye brows, do you have any tips about how you groom them? Thanks!!

Kayla February 26, 2013 at 4:28 am

Hi Julia,

I’ve always followed your beauty routines, and am dying to know, what are the brands of those silver brushes you use for foundation and bronzer? I recently stopped using Bare Minerals because I wanted lighter coverage but I think maybe it was just the wrong brush. I am having a hard time finding a foundation and bronzer brush, and would love to know what you’re using.

Thanks so much!