One thing that I don’t touch that much on here is how Thomas and I both have picked up photography through blogging. Neither one of us had ever used a DSLR camera before starting the blog. I saved up and bought my first camera thinking I was going to have these amazing, clear photographs right away. Boy, was I wrong! It was so much harder than I had ever imagined and there was so much to learn! Thomas and I would both watch countless Youtube videos and read photography blogs, trying to learn the basics and grow from there. It’s a learning process and there will always be more to learn, but I’m so proud of where we have come in our photography skills. It’s something that is not only beneficial for the blog, but life in general. We both love capturing images- I love taking pictures of inspirational things and documenting memories, while Thomas enjoys nature and landscape.
Thomas takes almost all of the pictures for Gal Meets Glam, except the occasional home decor pictures and has really mastered the skill of portrait photography. He really is the one who knows what he is doing over here, while I’m still learning from him! With that being said, we are currently working on a post that will cover the basics of photography (mainly for bloggers) and would love to get some of your input so we can cover topics that will be helpful! What types of questions would you guys like us to cover? Is there any specific detail you would like us to elaborate on? Please leave any questions you guys have in the comments below or feel free to send me an email! :)
*We were having fun playing around shooting in black and white on Sunday!
You May Also Like
- 3 Frequently Asked Photography Questions, Answered Posted in Photography
- Blog Photography: Adjusting The Camera Posted in tutorial, Photography
- Warm Weather Days Posted in Julia's Style
- San Francisco Essentials Part 5: Long Sleeved Dress Posted in Julia's Style
- Dressing For Date Night Posted in Julia's Style
- Chartreuse Posted in Julia's Style
- Blue and White Striped Skirt Posted in Julia's Style
- Behind The Lens: Samsung NX300M Posted in Photography
- A Classic Black & White Blazer Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall