I absolutely love how our art wall came out and how all our Minted art prints came together! It completely transformed our living room and is now the focal point instead of our big tv. Caitlin did such a great job and I always learn so much from her each time we meet, so I thought it would be great for her to share some tips on creating the perfect art wall:
1. Paper First:
Don’t pound a single nail before you do a little planning. Decide which pieces you want on the wall, then make a paper template the size of the frame.
2. Mix & Match:
Cut out the shapes and experiment with various placements. This small step will save your drywall from misplaced nail holes. Once you decide on the arrangement take a picture of it.
3. Tape It Up:
Transfer the paper onto the wall in the composition that you’ve decided on.
4. Time to Commit:
Measure where the wire hangs on the painting or print and mark the paper with a pen. Take the nail and hammer it through the paper – it’s the only way you’ll get it exactly right. Once you’ve done this with each piece it’s time to ripe them down. Have fun with it – you only live once!
5. Hanging Time:
It’s time to see your vision come alive on the wall. Hang your artwork up on the nails. Refer back to the picture you took in case them got out of order.
Voila! A beautiful art wall for you to enjoy!
(Thanks again, Caitlin!)
Minted is giving away a $350 gift card towards art work on their site to one lucky Gal Meets Glam reader! Here’s how to enter the Minted art giveaway: Pop over and follow Minted on twitter and then leave a comment on this post, telling us which piece of art is your favorite from Minted and where you would put it in your house. That’s it!
One winner will be chosen at random and announced on April 5th.
You May Also Like
- Art Wall Decisions Posted in For the Home
- What My Nightly Routine Should Be vs…What It Really Is Posted in Beauty
- Office Accessories Posted in For the Home
- GMG x BaubleBar Bedroom Reveal Posted in For the Home
- Around the Home Posted in For the Home
- Our Guest Room Posted in For the Home, Home, Decor
- Lulu & Georgia Giveaway- CLOSED Posted in giveaway, For the Home
- GMG x BaubleBar: Living Room Reveal Posted in For the Home
- Around The Home: Colorful Fresh Flowers Posted in For the Home