June 12, 2013

Blues

Margaret O’Leary Sweater, Thakoon Addition Dress c/o Les Nouvelles, Vince Sandals (on sale here, here and here), Clare Vivier Clutch, Ariel Gordon Necklace, Sarah Chloe Bangle c/o BaubleBar

I’ve recently come to the conclusion that blue is my favorite color and better yet, blue and white is my favorite color combination. I recently got this layered watercolor print dress from Les Nouvelles, one of my favorite online shops, and paired it with a light blue sweater. You really can’t go wrong with mixing different shades of blue- It always reminds me of the ocean. And as usual, I paired my Clare Vivier clutch and Vince sandals with it. Those two go with everything!

Photography by Kim A. Thomas

filed in: julia's style

Alexa June 12, 2013 at 9:23 pm

Blue is totally in for summer I think. Blues and whites…very coastal.

em June 12, 2013 at 9:26 pm

My jaw dropped when i saw your thighs and legs in the first picture. You must be about a 10 or a 12 which makes me feel MUCH better about myself.. im sure you will delete this though since all of the comments arekissing your ass. I am going to have to remove you from my blog feed because if i see you end a question with ”no?” One more time i am going to gag.

Julia June 12, 2013 at 9:31 pm

Hi “Em”,

Actually I’m a size 2. I have a thing called muscle on my legs and I’m proud of it! Glad you’re so confident of your own body :)

xx Julia

Melissa Rosenkilde June 12, 2013 at 9:43 pm

So sorry Julia that there can be such rude people out there you have to deal with. This seriously made my stomach drop! You always find a way to respond with such grace! Love your blog :)

Lindsey June 13, 2013 at 6:18 pm

I’ve read about people like Em before. They’re called ‘seagulls”. Their goal is to fly over to your blog, shit on it, and then leave.

It’s really sad, because this girl doesn’t know how to deal with her own insecurities and will attack others. If only she knew that she would be a much happier person if she were nicer to others. :)

Christiana June 12, 2013 at 9:58 pm

So sorry about the rude comment above! I was just thinking about doing my first outfit post and I love how you styled this! Your hair and makeup look awesome too! Keep the posts coming!!:)

victoria June 12, 2013 at 10:19 pm

Love this look, you look so beautiful.

vickys-style.com

Brittany June 13, 2013 at 12:09 am

This dress is so beautiful!! I love that it has pockets! I am so tempted to purchase those Vince sandals, they really do go with everything!

Brittany

anngelik June 13, 2013 at 12:58 am

I love the shades of blue and the heels are gorgeous!

-Vogue&Heels

kelsey June 13, 2013 at 1:39 am

love the flirty silhouette of this dress with the pretty leather clutch!
kw ladies in navy

Lulu June 13, 2013 at 1:55 am

Blue is def my favorite as well. This is a gorgeous dress, you look beautiful!

xo Lulu
simplylulustyle.com

Michee trim sneaker with his alt-bluleMyBelle June 13, 2013 at 2:41 am

Love the various shades of blue mixed together..and I just had this discussion with the BF who tried not to wear cobalt-blue with his aqua today ‘because they don’t match’ :-)
Oh & poo on the rude girl Em!..I have the same legs. More so in my calves, super muscular. It doesn’t curtail me in any way except for occasionally tall boots don’t always zip up. Or my skinnies get hung up a lil.
I’d trade em anyday over stick-figure legs LOL!

MicheleMyBelle June 13, 2013 at 2:43 am

I’d trade em anyday over stick-figure legs LOL!

Margaret Ybarra June 13, 2013 at 4:07 am

Love this color & style on you, so flattering!

xo – margaret

Hope Howland June 13, 2013 at 4:24 am

Love this look.. the wedges and clutch are perfect!!!
Hope
hchdesigns.blogspot.com

DNA (designers-artists) June 13, 2013 at 5:15 am
Veloria in Velvet June 13, 2013 at 6:07 am

The dress is so pretty!! I love the shape and the mix of animal print and stripe :)

Veloria in velvet

Christy June 13, 2013 at 6:37 am

your flirty outfit has summer breeze written all over it! Blue and white is totes my favorite color combo and tan goes with everything indeed check out the outfit i put together with these colors here: http://www.cleancutgoutchic.com/les-aventures-parisiennes-chap-3-paris-ou-lart-de-lelegance/

Christy of:

Jenn June 13, 2013 at 7:24 am

I love this dress – Does it have pockets?! The pattern is so fun and chic – and it won’t look dated in a few seasons from now.

I have a really short torso and long legs so I have issues with finding a dress where the drawstring doesn’t sit too low. I love how beautiful this dress looks on you paired with those shoes. Are the Vince sandals comfortable?

Thanks for sharing!
-Jenn
SnappyLemon.com

Shopopal June 13, 2013 at 1:25 pm

Very spring! I really love the print of this dress

Kelli Anne June 13, 2013 at 3:05 pm

This dress is SO pretty!! Very beautiful! I feel like watercolor-style prints are very in right now~!

Melody June 13, 2013 at 7:48 pm

Such a pretty dress! You look great! :)

xoMelody

Maria Paty June 15, 2013 at 6:30 pm
Anxhela June 26, 2013 at 1:31 pm

Anything that reminds one of the ocean, is always a good thing. :)