October 30, 2013

Covet Fashion

I don’t know if it’s because my husband works in the gaming industry and is always introducing me to new apps or the fact that I’m on my phone 24/7, but I love playing mobile games. Fashion games to be exact. I was introduced to Covet Fashion a few weeks back and it’s become one of my favorite games. I have just about every fashion app you can think of and all my favorite retail stores on my phone that I check weekly. With most of them, I just check to see new product, but with Covet, I can actually style the products I’m thinking about buying. My favorite part about the app is that I can style and shop with some of my favorite brands (Joie, Rebecca Minkoff, BCBG, Rachel Zoe) and purchase them directly if I wish to do so. And with Rachel Zoe as their style ambassador, you know the selection of products is really good! It’s a great way to test out looks before you buy a certain item to see how many ways you can style it or see it’s versatility.

I highly recommend downloading the app and giving it try! If you’re like me, you’ll become slightly addicted to the “online shopping” and virtual styling but without having to actually buy anything.

Here is a quick overview on how to play Covet Fashion-

1. Shop!
2. Collect your daily ticket allowance from your inbox.
3. Use your tickets to enter Events. Events are styling challenges. Once entered you’ll earn cash and your submitted look will be voted on by other players. If you win you’ll get a prize!
4. Vote on Looks to earn tickets and help pick a winner!
5. Shop to increase your Closet Value.
6. Keep entering Events to increase your Style Score. See if your Style Score is higher than your friends by connecting through facebook.

The app is currently available for iPad, iPhone, and iTouch, and coming soon to Android.

This post was sponsored by Covet Fashion, but all opinions and thoughts are my own.

filed in: misc

Kirsten October 30, 2013 at 7:00 am

Wow, I love this!!! Thank you for introducing!!! What a wonderful girly kind of thing:-)
Xx, Kirsten

Ashley October 30, 2013 at 12:54 pm

Thanks for sharing Julia, I will definitely be checking this out :)

xo,
Sincerely Miss Ash

Heidi October 30, 2013 at 1:05 pm

I love that your hubs works in gaming!

Ally October 30, 2013 at 1:37 pm
Dana October 30, 2013 at 2:04 pm

love this! I’ll definitely be trying this.. to hopefully get away from playing candy crush so much ( I know- so nerdy!). Looks like such a fun app!

Dale Janee October 30, 2013 at 2:47 pm

For some reason, I can’t get into fashion games at all. I’ve heard of Covet thought

Mel October 30, 2013 at 2:49 pm

This is hilarious! Love it and totally going to check it out :)

xo Mel
turquoise blonde

Sofia October 30, 2013 at 3:09 pm

Thanks for sharing this. I need to check it out.

Have a wonderful day.

Sofia

stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

Bhreagh October 30, 2013 at 4:38 pm

This is awesome! Maybe I’ll finally be good at a game on my phone haha

Cheers,
Bhreagh

Andrea October 30, 2013 at 4:44 pm

Somehow this feels a little Clueless-ish…like when Cher is picking out what to wear on her computer in the morning!! Kinda feeling it!! Interesting idea.

I constantly find myself thinking too long about what to wear!

Andrea

Rhonda October 30, 2013 at 5:04 pm

This is sooo funny! I’ll have to check it out!

Rhonda

Cassidy Short October 30, 2013 at 6:06 pm

So cool! Love fashion + technology :)

xoxo
Cassidy

We Think Therefore We Create October 30, 2013 at 7:33 pm

how cool! xoxo sydney

Fashion Snag October 30, 2013 at 10:25 pm
Plum Pretty Sugar October 30, 2013 at 10:31 pm

Oh goodness….. how nice!

xo

janel22 October 31, 2013 at 12:11 am

I lose respect for bloggers that take any sponsors- aka you!

Julia October 31, 2013 at 1:13 am

Hi Janel,

I’m actually really selective with the sponsors I take. I genuinely really love Covet, I’m sorry if that did not come across to you.

Best,

Julia

Glamour House October 31, 2013 at 2:52 am

This looks like such a cool app! Will you share some more of your favorite shopping apps? :)

Men's Fashion October 31, 2013 at 2:02 pm

Very nice post. Men’s fashion awareness, Fashion is basically defined as the trend of clothing, footwear, makeup, body piercing, hair, decoration or a manner of doing something.

Stylista November 10, 2013 at 8:28 pm

I had Covet from its launch, as I played TopGirl by the same developer. Spent $30 right away to support them. They asked for your email (optional), my iPhone had to be replaced and I asked them how to log back into my account. Their official response was “We don’t do that.” Lo and behold the NEXT WEEK they announce account recovery. I got a refund from iTunes. (Apple’s policies have changed since and they do not give credit for in game purchase any longer.)

It is amazingly expensive to be competitive. You must always wear new clothing to win the 4 stars needed for a win. You must win items or purchase gems.

I recently discovered IT IS TAKING UP over 2 GIGS OF STORAGE ON MY IPHONE. IM CONSIDERING DELETING FOR THAT REASON despite my 150k closet. You earn a negative score for last seasons items. The items are focused on retailers they sign to sell clothes, so it is a bizarre collection of clothes. A pair of virtual shoes will cost you $5. A coat $12. A necklace $10. I’m not kidding.

It is visually stunning although the backdrops almost steal the show. Facebook voting is required to be ranked. I think the “Top closets” have been comped or several people have spent THOUSANDS on it. I have certainly spent over $100.

At this point a new user has a deficit, as the most dramatic clothes are won in competitions. Their customer service is focused on closing tickets not solving your problems when the eventually do respond.

Net/net. Visually stunning. VERY EXPENSIVE. VOTING FOR 5 looks gets you 2 tickets. You need 25 tickets per event. 4 events a day. 500 votes?

That’s the insider look at Covet.

Melissa December 27, 2013 at 2:37 pm

Hmm… I have been playing this game for months now and haven’t spent an actual dime of my money and have gotten many 4 and 5 stars and won many items! Maybe you just aren’t making good looking outfits? ;-)

Flykai December 29, 2013 at 8:58 pm

I agree Melissa…I actually attempted to make a premium purchase but for some reason it won’t work but I have won many style chAllenges and built my closet relatively quickly without spending a dime…I guess some of us have IT while others…not so much :^) happy gaming Hun!!!

Torya January 7, 2014 at 3:56 am

Actually it is more about the time of day that you post your outfit to be voted on. My evening outfits always get higher scores than earlier in the day.

Jessi April 6, 2014 at 2:39 pm

This is so funny! I didn’t realize the name I chose for my blog also has an associated fashion app. Am going to check this out! Sounds super fun.

Melissasheets May 29, 2014 at 1:06 am