Taking a look back on the past year, I really can’t complain. There were ups and downs, like every year, but it might have been my favorite yet. Being out of college for over a year and a half now, I’m finally figuring out where I’m going and who I want to be. I’m setting real goals- one year, five year, ten year- that I’ll continue to work and strive towards.
One of the biggest things I learned this year was to take a step back from being online and live more in the moment. It’s so easy to get caught up in dreaming about “oh I wish I had this” or “I would be so much happier if I had that…if only, if only”. One day, my husband said to me, “Julia, the happiest people are the ones that are content with their present lives because you really can’t control the future”. While I love blogs, sites like Pinterest and Instagram, it’s easy to get wrapped up in comparing yourself to others. Something that I always tell others (and remind myself) is that people only share what they want to share. That usually only means the good happy stuff. That doesn’t mean their life is perfect. For me, I chose to write about personal style and beauty, two topics that I am passionate about and have an endless supply of energy to work on. However, that doesn’t mean that my life is revolved around these two things, the rest I choose to keep private. I hope that through my site, I can inspire others that connect with Gal Meets Glam to take a chance, try something new in their own everyday lives.
I am beyond grateful for every single reader that has ever come across my site. It is with your continued support that I am able to make content and work on my blog everyday. Without you, I would be on a completely different path in my life and probably wouldn’t be writing this post right now :)
Another thing I learned this year was to stop talking and start listening better. I try and always respond to as many comments and feedback (good or bad) that come my way. Regardless if it’s something I want to hear or not, I do listen and I do care. With that being said, this year, I’m planning on creating more beauty content and budget buy posts- every week!
I thank you all from the bottom of my heart and hope everyone has a wonderful start to 2014 and I can’t wait to see what this year has in store!
You May Also Like
- 5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Gal Meets Glam Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Discussions
- This Is What We Had To Say When We Answered 10 Questions About Each Other In Celebration Of Our 5 Year Wedding Anniversary Posted in Discussions
- Travel Series: Finding Inspiration Posted in Travel
- 1 Year In Charleston Posted in Discussions
- Blue and White Striped Skirt Posted in Julia's Style
- SHINE GIVEAWAY Posted in giveaway
- Bittersweet Posted in Discussions
- Happy Holidays! Posted in personal, Holiday
- These Five Trends Will Still Be Going Strong This Fall 2017 Posted in Style, Casual, Seasonal, Fall