I’ve always been a very active person and enjoy working out. I work out to feel healthy and fit, not to be skinny or a certain size. I think there is huge difference between the two and how you push your body. I mentioned before how it was a hard transition going from dancing everyday in college and working out with our trainer to being on my own for physical activity. Over the past year, I’ve found spin, pilates and friends I work out with on a regular basis that brought me back to finding workouts I love. My husband and I bought Jawbone Up bands in early December and have found them really useful. For example, if we’re not meeting our step goals by dinner, then we know to take a walk after. It’s little things like that that make a huge difference.
I love working out with a partner vs. working out by myself. You hold each other accountable (to actually work out) but also to follow through with each move and not stop because it’s hard or it hurts. Erin, who used to be a personal trainer, and I got together last week and put a mini workout plan together with moves we both love. She gave me so many useful tips and new things to try. If you’re looking for a few simple exercises that you can do at the gym or at home, these are really great:
Cardio – 60 secs
Old Navy has become my go-to destination for workout gear. I hate spending a ton of money on clothes that I sweat in and you really can’t beat the price of Old Navy’s workout gear. I’ve found so many great options that are both cute and function able- the two qualities I look for.
Photography by Em The Gem
You May Also Like
- Work It Posted in Julia's Style
- Healthy Start Posted in fitness
- Muir Woods Hike Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, fitness, Style, Casual, Activities, Travel Guide, San Francisco
- GMG Makeover Posted in misc
- Picnic in Mount Tam Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, Activities, Travel Guide, California, San Francisco
- Sunday Farmer’s Market Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Sail Away With Me Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Leopard & Plaid Posted in Julia's Style
- Casual Sparkle Posted in Julia's Style