Zurich is the only city so far that Thomas and I felt like we didn’t have enough time in. We spent two nights there and our first day fell on a Sunday, which is when most stores and restaurants are closed (we didn’t really think that one through ahead of time- it’s actually against the law for stores to be open on Sunday!) So, you can bet we tried to fit in as much as possible the following day. I do have to admit that it was nice to be forced to relax and not try to always be doing a million things. We stayed at the Park Hyatt Zurich, which is centrally located and the perfect spot to be able to walk to lots of different areas. Since we only had two days, we spent a majority of our time in Bahnhofstrasse and Old Town. We did make our way up to Lindenhof Platz, where we had a beautiful view of Old Town and to Quaianlagen, which was so lively and fun (even on Sunday!) with all of the street performers, food vendors and secrene waterfront views. I hope to make it back to Zurich in the not-too-far future because it is such a beautiful city and I can only imagine all of the spots we didn’t have a chance to check out. I hate leaving a city with a list of things I still wanted to do, but you can’t do it all in less than 48 hours! I also made time to stop at way too many heissi marroni (aka roasted chestnuts) stands- how did I go my whole life without ever having these?! So good!
Switzerland’s weather was a little all over the place while we were there and on this particular day, we were able to head out sans coat (which we haven’t been able to do since) The rain had also finally stopped, so I was able to pull out this faux fur vest from Express that I’ve been excited to wear. I’m all about the faux fur vest (if you don’t have one, this Express one is a great option for under $100) and love to layer them over practically anything for fall- dresses, skirts, pants, you name it!
A big thank you to Express for sponsoring this post.
Shop the look
Express Sweater, Express Faux Fur Vest c/o, Tibi Skirt, Express Tights, Thakoon Addition Oxfords, Dior Bag, Dior Earrings
You May Also Like
- An Afternoon In Lucerne Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- His & Hers: Valentine’s Date Night Posted in Julia's Style, thomas
- Biking In The City Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Valentine’s Love Posted in Julia's Style, thomas, food, Travel, Holiday, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bows, Dressy, Seasonal, Winter, Beauty, Hotels, Restaurants
- Lakeside In Weggis Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Downtown Seattle Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Express Workwear Posted in Julia's Style
- The Sunflowers & Fruit Stands of Summer Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Blush Dotted Maxi Dress Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, Charleston