Our last two stops in Tuscany were Pisa and Lucca. We got on the road from Siena early in the morning to try and fit in both destinations in one day and take advantage of as much daytime light as possible. When we got to Pisa, we went straight to the leaning tower and were giggling at how funny everyone looked while trying to take their pictures. We then proceeded to do those same ridiculous poses and had no shame, we had to get the picture of course! We’re in ITALY! We didn’t explore much of the town, but we stopped for some delicious pizza before hitting the road again. Lucca has been on our list of cities to visit ever since we went on our honeymoon to Italy in 2012. We didn’t get the chance back then, so we made it a priority this time around. It’s such a gem and I highly recommend visiting if you’re planning a trip to Italy. The town itself is full of character, amazing food, shops and history. One of my favorite parts of Lucca is that you can rent bicycles and ride them around the wall of the city, making for a great way to see as much as possible.
I wanted to stay comfortable and warm for a long day outside, so I reached for my old faux fur leopard coat. It’s one of the most fun pieces I have in my closet and I really don’t wear it as much as I’d like to. Since it makes such a statement, I paired it with a simple look including a dark denim shirt, black coated skinny jeans and my old J.Crew boots.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- Tuscany Travel Diary Part II Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Tuscany Travel Diary Part 1 Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Tuscan Sun Posted in Julia's Style, food, Travel, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Hats, Sunglasses, Seasonal, Spring, Hotels, Europe, Travel Guide, Restaurants
- Pink Moment Posted in Julia's Style
- Notting Hill Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Rose Print Posted in Julia's Style
- Pink Shirtdress Posted in Julia's Style
- Pink Stripes Posted in misc
- Traveling Basics Posted in Julia's Style, favorite things