Today is our last morning in Mexico before flying straight to LA for the Create + Cultivate Conference, where I’ll be speaking on a panel on Saturday (any of you guys going? I can’t wait!). Ending a trip is always bittersweet, but I know that I’ll be back to Mexico in the not too distant future…hopefully. In the meantime, I have lots of content to share from our time here and if it all has one thing in common, that would be color!
We spent our first week in Mexico at Cuixmala, an absolute dream of a place to stay. I’m constantly searching for an amazing image, wandering down random alleys or standing on ledges to get “the” shot. I love pictures. I love how they make me feel and capturing exactly what I’m envisioning in my head is such a satisfying experience. It doesn’t always come that easy and even though I believe you can find beauty anywhere, finding exactly what you’re looking for can prove to be a defeating task sometimes. Insert Cuixmala, every single corner of this property is photogenic and Thomas and I both were in picture heaven! One of the spots I was most excited to shoot was this crazy, amazing, perfectly symmetrical pool. It looks gorgeous in pictures, but in person, it’s just…wow! As Thomas and I both fall in love with photography more and more everyday, sometimes our shoots become more about the scenery and less about the fashion. In this case, the scenery is making the statement and I kept my poolside look simple and bright.
I always bring a white button down or lightweight tunic with me on beach trips, since they make the perfect relaxed coverup. I wore this striped Paul & Joe one and while it makes for the perfect bikini cover, it’ll look just as good with white jeans back home.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- Sayulita Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Fremont Diner Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Take Me To The Beach Posted in favorite things, shopping, roundup
- Nude Ballet Flats Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Seasonal, Spring
- Summer in Seattle Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Beach Stripes Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, Summer, Beauty, Makeup
- Spring Green Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Pink, Accessories, Bags, Hats, Classic, Seasonal, Spring, Activities, California
- Oia Sunset Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Botanical Dress Posted in Julia's Style