Thomas and I frequently travel from San Francisco to Wine Country in Sonoma or Napa, but we rarely spend more than a half day there. A couple of weeks ago, we decided to get out of the city and stay a few nights at The Carneros Inn. It felt great to escape the cool weather in the city and enjoy the bright sunshine, calming breeze and sparkling wines that the Carneros Region is known for, all without having to worry about driving home after!
Since San Francisco and Napa are so close together, I often get emails from readers saying that they’re visiting both places and need suggestions on what to pack. So I thought I would share a small list of essentials I would recommend bringing for a weekend getaway in Wine Country. I always start off with a color palette and try to bring pieces that will mix and match. Since I’m only using my Lo & Sons weekender bag, I try to stay simplistic, but if you’re like me, you tend to overpack. I’ve come up with a small system that helps me organize the looks that I’ll wear throughout the weekend, while making the most out of each item:
1 Pair of Jeans
1 Blouse (worn)
1 Denim Jacket (worn)
1 Skirt (worn)
1 Pair of Flats
1 Pair of Wedges
1 Pair of Sandals
1 Cross-body Bag
Here is a breakdown of how I would wear each item throughout the weekend:
Friday– Wearing denim jacket, blouse, skirt and sandals traveling to Napa. Once we arrive in the afternoon and check in, the look is already nice to wear out for lunch or to visit downtown Napa. Once we’re back at the hotel, I’ll freshen up and switch my skirt and sandals for jeans and wedges (paired with the same blouse) and add a clutch for casual dinner attire.
Saturday– For a day filled with wine tasting and relaxing, I’ll wear my gingham top with my white skirt (worn the day before), sandals and cross-body bag. I’ll bring my denim jacket with me just in case the wind picks up or the winery is in a cooler spot. In the evening, I’ll switch into my dress and wedges for a nice dinner in Healdsburg.
Sunday– I’ll wear my white sweater paired with jeans, flats and my cross-body bag for brunch on our last morning before before heading home.
I find that planning my outfits ahead of time really helps alleviate the overthinking of what to wear in the morning and thus makes everything that much more relaxing. Having a great weekender bag that fits all your essentials is key. I love this Catalina Bag by Lo & Sons since it’s lightweight, durable and easy to fold/store when we’re home. I often use it as a carry-on bag while we’re traveling as well! If you’re not familiar with Lo & Sons, they’re a family business started by a mother and her two sons. I’ve been using their bags for years as they fit both categories of being stylish and practical. They really think of everything when it comes to the design- I love that the Catalina bag has a bottom zipper for my shoes and the canvas fabric is machine washable.
Joie Blouse/ Isabel Marant Skirt/ DVF Gingham Top/ Line & Dot Dress/ Gap Sweater/ Clare Vivier Clutch/ Stuart Weitzman Wedges/ Chanel Flats/ Ray Ban Sunglasses/ Chloe Crossbody Bag/ Calypso St. Barth Scarf/ Madewell Denim Jacket/ Eugenia Kim Hat/ Schutz Sandals
Thank you to Lo & Sons for sponsoring this post.
You May Also Like
- These Are My Top 7 Picks For Transitional Fall Coats Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Lace Mini Dress & My Favorite Bag For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Seasonal, Fall
- Healdsburg Posted in Travel, Style, Dresses, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, California
- Apple Picking Posted in Julia's Style
- 3 Key Pieces To Pack For Labor Day Weekend Posted in Travel, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Packing
- Provence & French Riviera Itinerary Posted in Travel, Europe, Activities
- These 3 Easy Packing Tips Will Have You Traveling Like A Pro Posted in Travel, Packing
- Fremont Diner Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Embroidered Jacquard Posted in Julia's Style, food, Travel, Style, Pink, Sunglasses, Casual, Travel Guide, California, Restaurants