We spent our last day in Florence with our friend Rosie touring Villa Bardini and Forte Belvedere (which I’ll be sharing in a later post) but mostly hiding from the rain passing the time with tea and sweets. By the evening, the skies cleared and we had a beautiful walk to dinner along the Ponte Vecchio, which was lit up at golden hour, reflecting over the Arno River.
We walked from our hotel, Relais Santa Croce, taking the back alleys and pretty side streets. Thomas was really excited about this scooter photo bomb, the driver on the other hand, I’m not so sure about…
Florence is one of the most romantic cities in the world (in my opinion) and we strolled hand in hand with our men to cocktails post dinner at the Westin Excelsior. Along with the Continentale’s rooftop bar, La Terrazza, this spot is one of my favorites for a peaceful view of the city from above (drink in hand, of course).
I honestly cannot decide if the view is better at golden hour or at dusk, but let’s agree that they’re both equally breathtaking. The lights lit up at night make it really magical and all the more dreamy. Being in Florence always brings back memories from our honeymoon spent in Italy, a trip I’ll cherish forever.
This breezy pink Chicwish dress is perfect for a summer evening paired with sandals and dressy clutch. I’m a big fan of off the shoulder dresses (previous ones worn here and here), especially when they’re in a feminine fabric like chiffon that blows in the wind. I also love this white maxi version that would make a beautiful rehearsal dinner dress for you brides out there!
Thank you to Chicwish for sponsoring this post.
You May Also Like
- Organza Embroidered Dress Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Pink Crochet Dress Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Pink, Dresses, Classic, Seasonal, Spring, Summer, Hotels, Travel Guide
- Leaf Print Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Little Pink Dress Posted in Julia's Style
- She Makes It Posted in Julia's Style
- Flower Days Posted in Julia's Style
- Rose Print Posted in Julia's Style
- Black & White Stripe Posted in Julia's Style
- Monochromatic Neutrals Posted in Julia's Style