Yesterday was Thomas’s birthday, so we headed out to our favorite spot outside of the city…Napa! (no surprise here, it’s our go-to weekend destination) After our big trip to Alaska (which I’ll be sharing more of this week) as T’s birthday present, he wanted a low-key day together and it was just perfect. I took him to Frog’s Leap Winery, which I visited for the first time with my sister a few months ago. I think it’s one of the most beautiful and relaxing properties out in Napa with lush gardens of wildflowers that you can walk around sipping on your wine.
I write this post a while back on “What to pack for wine country” and always end up wearing some similar combination when we head out- usually a mix of white and blue, chambray or stripes. I’ve had this chambray dress sitting in my closet for a few upcoming trips to Europe this summer but pulled it out early for this occasion. I tied a ribbon in my hair to create a loose side pony (which I often do- see here and here) and added my lace Soludos which are definitely going to be my go-to shoe this summer. I also love this striped pair that would look absolutely perfect with an all white outfit.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- Striped Ruffled Dress Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Flowers Posted in Julia's Style
- Blue and White Striped Skirt Posted in Julia's Style
- Daisies & Wildflowers Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Pink, Dresses, Seasonal, Spring, Summer, Activities, California
- Apple Picking Posted in Julia's Style
- Newton Vineyard Wine Tasting Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Casual, Seasonal, Winter, Fall, Hotels, Activities, Travel Guide, California
- Napa Picnic Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Fall in Napa Valley Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Packing For Wine Country Posted in Julia's Style, Travel