I’m jumping ahead and skipping a few of our Italy posts (those will come soon!) and moving right to our first evening in Greece. We flew from Rome to Athens to Mykonos and then made the short drive to our hotel, Grace Mykonos. We arrived early evening and didn’t want to waste any time, so we freshened up and headed out to explore the endless blues & whites.
We kept stopping every few minutes, thinking “Oh! This is the spot!” then we would walk a little bit and say the same thing again! So basically, almost every corner of Mykonos Town is photogenic and picture worthy. It took us a while to walk to dinner to say the least :)
We got lost wandering through the narrow streets finding our way around. The old white buildings mixed with the pops of colors from the doors and bright bougainvilleas made for quite the scene. It’s even more beautiful in person. There are also cats everywhere!
We ended our first day with dinner and drinks at Bakalo, a delicious Greek restaurant. We started with the chickpea spread (hummus) and a little tzatziki with pita and olives. I ordered the pie of the day for my main course (it’s made with spinach and feta cheese) and Thomas got the shrimp saganaki (recommended by our friend Rosie). Mine was good, but I ended up stealing as many bites as I could from Thomas :)
This chambray dress from Urban Outfitters isn’t one of the most figure flattering dresses I own, but it’s so comfortable and easy. After eating pasta, pizza and gelato everyday in Italy, the last thing I wanted to put on was a tight dress ;) I love the oversized sleeves and lace detailing across the neckline, plus it has pockets! (always a bonus) It’s a great traveling dress and I paired with my Soludos espadrilles and Figue Tuk Tuk bag.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- Scootering Around Mykonos Posted in Julia's Style
- Oia Sunset Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Bow Back Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Poppy Fields in France Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Sunglasses, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Europe
- Soufrière Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Summer in Wyoming Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Ruffled Romper Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, Summer, Hotels
- Red, White & Blue Posted in Julia's Style
- Sail Away With Me Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer