We had to take a train from Florence to Rome to fly to Athens in order to get to Mykonos, so instead of just passing through, we decided to spend a day in Italy’s capital. There is so much to see and do in Rome and 24 hours is not nearly enough time to enjoy what the city has to offer. Luckily, we had been three years prior on our honeymoon and did tours of Vatican City and St. Peter’s Basilica, the Roman Forum, Colosseum, the Pantheon and Villa Borghese. So this time around we did a mini walking tour of our own (taking inspiration from Roman Holiday), stopping by the Spanish Steps, walking along Via Veneto, visiting the Pantheon again and seeing the Trevi Fountain (which is unfortunately under construction).
Before beginning our Roman adventure, we had to fuel up! Our hotel, Portrait Roma, recommended this small Italian restaurant, Dillà, for lunch. We ordered two glasses of wine, two salads and shared a bowl of pasta. It was delicious and worth adding to your restaurant list if you’re visiting Rome. It’s also located right around the corner from Via Condotti, one of the best streets for shopping in Rome (and the same street our hotel was located on).
First Image: Having my own “Roman Holiday” moment in front of the Pantheon. Second image: This is the best shot we could get of the Trevi Fountain since it’s currently under construction. Still worth visiting if you’re in Rome.
The summers are HOT in Rome, so this lightweight cotton dress from J.Crew was perfect along with a big hat to keep the sun off my face. Last minute, I changed out of flats and into sneakers since I knew we would be walking all day, which was the best idea. I actually really love the look of a summer dress paired with sneakers and it’s way more practical while traveling. Thomas and I also got to stop by the Bulgari store in Rome (their flagship location) and pick up a few goodies for a shoot that I’ll be sharing soon! They let me borrow this gorgeous bag from their Serpenti collection while we were in town and I completely fell in love with it.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- Touring Rome Posted in Julia's Style
- Ruffled Plaid Mini Skirt Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Mykonos Town Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- When In Rome Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- A Cozy Sweater + Leather Pants Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Evening Stroll Along The Ponte Vecchio Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Gap x Birchbox Posted in Julia's Style
- Weekend Stripes Posted in Julia's Style
- Last Night In Florence Posted in Julia's Style