Look 1: Reformation Dress, Bulgari Sunglasses c/o, Joie Sandals, Figue Bag
Look 2: Coverup & Bag found in Mykonos Town, Marysia Bikini, Bulgari Sunglasses c/o, Gap Sandals
When we first arrived to Mykonos, I was having a little bit of sensory overload! I wanted to take it all in at one moment, not wanting to miss a single thing. We woke up early on our first day and headed down to Mykonos Town to explore, do a little shopping and grab some food. I slipped on my light linen dress for the warm Greek weather and added my cat-eye Bulgari Diva sunglasses that add a vintage yet sophisticated touch. The updated, retro design is right up my alley- a chic mix of classic, feminine and modern all in one.
A relaxed look that’s easy to throw on and go is a must in Mykonos, where the style is much more on the casual side (it’s nearly impossible to wear heels walking through the cobbled streets). We planned on picking up our scooter later in the afternoon, so we took the shuttle from our hotel to the marina, which is the closest part to the town where cars can drive in. We walked the scenic path along the water into the small little alleys and streets that are lined with the cutest restaurants and hundreds of shops just waiting to be discovered.
After stopping into one too many stores (I just didn’t want to miss anything!) and getting a little lost in the winding streets, we made our way to the most amazing frozen greek yogurt place, Happyo, to cool down from the heat. We slowly walked back to the marina, making many stops along the way to take pictures of the bright bougainvilleas everywhere- so gorgeous! Once we got back to our hotel, we mapped out the rest of our day, figuring out which beaches we wanted to check out first. I quickly changed into a bikini and paired it with a new white crochet coverup I bought in town along with my pink Bulgari Diva sunglasses. The endless blues and whites in Mykonos made me want to wear white all day long with pops of colors through my accessories- a beautiful contrast with the nude and pink rubellite in my sunglasses.
Renting a scooter is the best way to get around the island. It made it easy to stop whenever we wanted to grab a photo and it’s nice to not have to rely on someone else’s time. We rode over to Ornos Beach, which is on the southwest corner of Mykonos and has plenty of lounge chairs and cabanas along with a handful of restaurant and drinks places. Some of the beaches in Mykonos are filled with seating to rent out while others are more remote and don’t have facilities, so be sure to figure out ahead of time which one you’re going to. After lounging beachside for while, we hopped back on our scooter and rode over to Panormos Beach, located on the north side of the island. There you’ll find one of the most beautiful bohemian beach set-ups with chic white day beds and colorful pillows. Make sure to stop by the only restaurant, Panormas Beach Bar, located right on the beach with the same boho look and feel. After a long day out in the sun, we finally made it back to our hotel with just a few minutes to spare before sunset. We ordered drinks at the bar and made our way to the rooftop terrace to take in the last views of the day.
Thank you to Bulgari for sponsoring this post.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- 3 Key Pieces To Pack For Labor Day Weekend Posted in Travel, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Packing
- You Will Fall In Love With This Cape I Wore In Scotland Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Spring Dresses Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, California, Packing, San Francisco
- Our Full 5 Day Tulum Travel Guide Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- White Linen Maxi Dress Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Classic, Seasonal, Summer
- Portofino Views Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Hats, Classic, Seasonal, Spring, Hotels, Europe, Travel Guide
- Watermelon Girl Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- A Rainbow of Suits Posted in favorite things
- A Cozy Sweater + Leather Pants Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall