As we drove through the Loire Valley, the first place that caught our eye was Amboise, specifically Château d’Amboise. We wanted to visit Loire Valley obviously for the French Châteaux and we were not disappointed with our first sighting. Amboise, that sits along the Loire River, was built after the 15th century and was used as a royal residence. Its grandeur is remarkable and hard to miss from the road, making you want to drive over and learn more.
We traveled from Paris to Tours by train and then drove to Onzain, where we’re staying. On longer travel days, I usually wear something much more relaxed like this denim on denim look from Old Navy. I paired the two pieces with my camel colored accessories that I’ve been wearing with almost everything on our trip.
There are restaurants sitting along the river looking out at the chateau, which is just stunning at sunset with the reflection on Loire River.
Leonardo Di Vinci actually spent his final years living in Amboise as a guest of the King and is buried there at the Chapel of Saint Hubert. This is one of the reasons why Amboise is such a popular tourists spot, but you’ll find lots of restaurants and cafes lining the main square. Thomas and I stopped for dinner and gelato before heading back to our hotel after sunset.
I love this lightweight chambray top with embroidery around the neckline- I also picked up the dress version in black with white details. And if you’ve been looking for a denim skirt, this mini from Old Navy is perfect and only $25. The length and high-rise fit are extra flattering and easy to pair with almost any top (button-ups, crop tops, tees, etc.)
Thank you to Old Navy for sponsoring this post.
You May Also Like
- Calistoga Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Sunday Farmer’s Market Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Mount Tamalpais Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Winter, Activities, Travel Guide, San Francisco
- Picnic in Mount Tam Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, Activities, Travel Guide, California, San Francisco
- Winter Bright Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Sausalito Stripes Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, San Francisco
- Sugarbush Farm Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Misty Views Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Gold Paris Posted in Julia's Style, Travel