The largest and most visited château in Loire Valley is the very grand Château de Chambord. Thomas and I made our way over to the massive property mid morning in hopes to beat the crowds and the heat. We were unsuccessful at both, but we seemed to find a few spots that were off the beaten path that gave us both an unobstructed view and a calming moment to take in the beauty.
Château de Chambord is know for its elaborate French Renaissance architecture and with over 440 rooms, 280+ fireplaces and 77 staircases, it’s by far the largest château in Loire Valley. One could spend hours upon hours wandering the gardens and outside of the property without having time to even see the opulent inside of the château.
This Maggy London dress is up there among my favorite dresses I’ve ever worn! The fit and the fabric are that of a dress that’s at least $300, but it’s currently on sale for $88. The overall look reminds me a bit of a Dolce & Gabbana dress I tried on in Florence and fell in love with, but at a much smaller price point. The full skirt swings beautifully and actually keeps you quite cool on a hot day.
Can you spot me in the picture above? Thomas and I were obsessed with these spiral staircases before we even got to the property and knew we wanted to get this shot. Unfortunately, most of the staircase was closed, so we couldn’t go up all the way.
I’ve been mixing my lace up gladiator sandals (last seen here) to dress down a lot of my feminine dresses that could easily look too formal if paired with the wrong accessories during the day. I’ve pulled a few other similar floral midi dresses here, here and here for more inspiration.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- Provence Market Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Lavender Fields Posted in Julia's Style, misc, Travel
- Oia Sunset Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Eyelet Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- SF Color Posted in Julia's Style
- The Classics Posted in Julia's Style
- Lace & Crepe Dress Posted in Julia's Style
- A Day in Charlotte With Lela Rose Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Floral Set Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Casual, Seasonal, Fall