I’m jumping back to our time spent in London last month since I was never able to get these images up, but I didn’t want to miss posting them! We had been in Italy for a few days with Luisaviaroma and our friends from London (remember from here and here). We were so excited about having a few days in their city before we flew home. Rose had mentioned we should do a picnic, and as someone who knows the best of the best in London, she didn’t disappoint with taking us to the beautiful Kenwood House for the afternoon.
Of course, Mr. Custard tagged along. I let him borrow my boater hat for the afternoon and I think it suits him pretty well, don’t you think?
We didn’t coordinate outfits, but it’s funny how we always end up complimenting each other. We did this three times while in Italy! I just love Rose’s eyelet dress. I wore my pink striped tee from Gap paired with this feminine skirt from Joie that’s currently on sale. The perfect picnic attire- easy and sweet. We were barefoot most of the day, but I wore my camel colored Ferragamo flats that I bought while in Florence. The color is so flattering with a tanned skin.
If you recognize the property, that’s because it was in the movie Notting Hill. Remember when Hugh Grant visits Julia Roberts while she’s filming the time piece? That’s Kenwood House. It’s absolutely stunning, with tall grass and lush trees everywhere. The sun had a beautiful glow and the birds were chirping all afternoon.
We had an absolute feast! We were armed with an extra large picnic basket from F&M. Luckily our men came ready to eat. Rose and I were most excited about chocolate cake for dessert, naturally.
Rose and Mr. Custard make me want a dog so bad. He’s just the sweetest, most adorable dog I’ve ever met. And he has such a personality!
Missing London already but we hope to go back later this year as it’s one of our favorite cities. If you’re planning a trip, visiting Kenwood House is definitely worth the trip. It was about a 30 minute uber from our hotel in South Kensington, but the property is big enough to stay for the whole afternoon. We obviously brought our own food, but they have a café in the garden that would be a lovely spot for lunch as well.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- Sonoma Sunshine Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Rose Garden Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Provence House Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Europe
- Bundled Up At The Beach Posted in Julia's Style, thomas, men
- Turquoise Loafers Posted in Julia's Style
- Three Looks Around Charleston With J.McLaughlin Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Hats, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, Charleston
- The Cabana Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Bags, Hats, Casual, Dressy, Seasonal, Spring, Hotels, Activities
- Lace & Crepe Dress Posted in Julia's Style
- Joie Maxi Dress Posted in Julia's Style, food, Travel, Dresses, Seasonal, Spring, Hotels, Activities, California, Restaurants