On the morning of Bastille Day in Paris, Thomas and I woke up early and headed out to prepare for our long day ahead. We were meeting our friends later in the afternoon for a picnic and we were in charge of bread and sweets, so off we went in search of a delicious Parisian bakery.
We walked over to Saint Germain from our hotel, Regina Paris, that’s right across the street from Jardin des Tuileries (one of my favorite gardens in Paris). We spotted Ladurée on the corner of Rue Bonaparte and decided to pick up some goodies and stay for cappuccinos and macarons. We usually only stop into the bakery to grab a box of macarons and go, but I loved trying out their cafe, which has the prettiest china and decor.
After a jolt of caffeine and sugar, we kept exploring the neighborhood until we found a bakery that had all the goods we wanted- a baguette, eclairs and croissants. Saint Germain is also one of my favorite neighborhoods in Paris, next to the Marais, since it’s filled with so many cute restaurants and shops.
We ended up spending the whole day walking around Paris, with Thomas’s Jawbone Up band saying that we walked over 23,000 steps! That’s one of the things I love about Paris- being able to walk almost everywhere. On our way back to our hotel, we stopped by Palais Royal for a quick photo op, since we had never been before.
We got to watch the planes fly over for Bastille Day, which was so cool and quite the show!
I wore this two piece set by Lucca Couture that’s currently 40% off and less than $70 for both pieces. I love matching sets because it’s like buying three outfits- you can wear them together, pair the top with shorts or any other bottoms in your closet and vice vera with the skirt and any other tops you have.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- Lakeside In Weggis Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Tuileries Gardens In The Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Favorites (Newsletter Welcome Email)
- Le Jardin du Luxembourg Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Old Town Prague Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Bastide De Marie & Lacoste, Provence Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Hotels, Europe
- Eiffel Tower Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Gold Paris Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Ladylike in Paris Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Mornings In Paris Posted in Julia's Style, For the Home, Travel