After Loire Valley, Thomas and I took the train to Avignon and spent the rest of our time driving around Provence, stopping in small cities and villages along the way. While in Provence, we did have one mission, and that was finding lavender fields. We did a bit of research ahead of time and read that some of the best lavender fields were in Sault and Valensole, the largest commercial growing areas. Driving into Sault, we rolled down our windows and took in the lavender perfumed air, there really is no other experience like it! We ended up finding one of the best fields in Sault, but unfortunately when we got to Valensole, most of the fields were already harvested.
I wore this gingham dress from LOFT that’s made of the most lightweight cotton, perfect for a hot summer day, which it was. We were sweltering in the 100+ temps, eventually cooling off with some lavender ice cream.
We stopped in Gordes along our drive, a scenic hilltop village in the Alpes-Côte d’Azur region of Provence. Throughout history, Gordes had been known for the value of its land, which led to constant invasions. To protect themselves, they built a fortified city on the hilltop, which resulted in what’s known as one of the most beautiful villages in France.
Along the drive to our hotel, Domaine de la Baume, we found a field of the tallest sunflowers we’ve ever seen! They were towering over both me and Thomas, who is 6 feet. We found dozens of sunflower fields in both Loire Valley and Provence, but these were the best we had seen during our trip. They glowed in the evening sunlight.
You guys must know by now that I’m a sucker for gingham and I love these other gingham options from LOFT like this romper, these shorts, these pants and this top. You can switch them out and pair with white jeans, a simple cotton top or denim jacket. Either way, they’ll give you the perfect-picnic style look.
Thank you to LOFT for sponsoring this post.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- L’Isle-sur-la-Sorgue, Fontaine-de-Vaucluse & Gordes, Provence Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Europe
- Château de Chambord Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Provence Market Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Sweaters & Knits Posted in Julia's Style
- Oia Sunset Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Lace & Gingham Posted in Julia's Style
- Fall in Napa Valley Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Château de Chenonceau Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- A Southern Summer Posted in Travel, Style, Dresses, Casual, Seasonal, Summer