One of my favorite neighborhoods in Paris is Le Marais. We always find ourselves wandering over to the neighborhood. With our friends staying nearby, we spent a lot of our time in this charming spot. I slipped on this easy look, fringed sweater and chiffon skirt, to walk the 30 minutes from our hotel to Le Marais. Walking in Paris is the best way to explore and discover, you end up missing so much when you take a taxi or the Metro.
Le Marais is known for a lot of things- great shopping and cool cafés, but also for the best falafel. If you find yourself in the neighborhood, make your way over to the Jewish quarter where you’ll have a handful of places to pick from. The lines are long but oh boy, is it worth it! We had originally planned on eating at the famous L’As du Fallafel but with the line down the street and around the corner, we went for the next best option, Mi-Va-Mi. They load up a huge pita with fresh tomatoes, cumber, red cabbage, hummus, hot falafel and topped with tahini.
We walked over to Place des Vosges to enjoy our delicious meal in the park, surrounded by many others devouring their falafel as well. This is one of my personal favorite spots in Paris to sit in the grass, listen to the calming fountains and people watch.
I had initially planned on wearing a crop top with this skirt, but overcast weather had rolled in overnight cooling off the hot temps we had been experiencing in Paris. Luckily, I had packed this Ulla Johnson sweater (last seen on the blog here) that’s my favorite sweater to pair with summer pieces. I also found this very similar cream fringe sweater that’s at a lower price point.
We walked home along the Seine at golden hour, snap happy along with the other tourists. Just another reminder how incredibly beautiful Paris is!
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- Fuzzy Sweater Posted in Julia's Style
- Bow Tie Blouse Posted in Julia's Style
- Lakeside In Weggis Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Gold Paris Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Fringe Sweater Posted in Julia's Style
- Saturday Market in Apt, Provence Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Europe
- Venice to Burano Island Posted in Julia's Style, food, Travel, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Seasonal, Spring, Hotels, Europe, Travel Guide, Restaurants
- Savoring Summer Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Walking Around Île de la Cité Posted in Julia's Style, Travel