This was one of my favorite days we spent in Mykonos. We didn’t stay at any one place too long, but instead spent the day riding our scooter around to a handful of beaches, back roads, scenic spots and a little bit of everything in between. We spend so much time planning out each day depending on what we’re shooting or if we’re working on a campaign, so it was nice to head out with no specific plans in order.
The inland landscape of Mykonos is just as serene and beautiful as the views of the Aegean Sea. When the light hits the fields of tall grass, they light up like gold and we couldn’t help but stop, sit and take it all in for half an hour. It was one of those unexpected peaceful times where you’re thinking to yourself “I’m going to remember this moment forever.” They happen when you least expect them to.
I was probably a little too excited when I saw a pink helmut sitting at the bike rental office. It was like it was just waiting there for me :)
The beaches in Mykonos were beautiful, not the most beautiful I’ve ever seen, but beautiful all the same.** The waters were bright blue and the beach setups were always on point with lounge chairs, colorful umbrellas or canopies and day beds. We stopped for just enough time to have a cocktail and watch the waves crash before popping over to the next spot.
**What I mean by this: I would not go to Mykonos for the sole purpose of its beaches (like I would Hawaii or Mexico) but the beaches are still stunning.
I wore this white embroidered romper from Urban Outfitters for most of the day before slipping on my Marysia scalloped bikini and Missoni shorts. I brought so much white for this trip because I knew it would photograph beautifully with the scenery, but naturally I had a few pink things like my soludos and reflective sunglasses.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- Mykonos Town Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Soufrière Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Ruffled Romper Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, Summer, Hotels
- Spring Picks Under $150 Posted in favorite things, shopping, roundup
- White Summer Trousers Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Summer
- Red, White & Blue Posted in Julia's Style
- Fall Colors Posted in Julia's Style
- Summer in Wyoming Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Poppy Fields in France Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Sunglasses, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Europe