You can probably tell by the abundance of images below that this was a long day, but a great day! Thomas and I headed out in the morning and spotted this sunflower field along our drive and pulled over immediately. I mean, how could you not? They’re just so cheerful and were calling our name!
My red gingham dress is from Lord & Taylor and such an easy piece! Gingham + sunflowers= the epitome of summer, am I right? It’s a flirty little mini that’s light and airy for a hot summer day.
I’m always switching out my shoes throughout the day, especially while traveling, so I love carrying a big tote like this Ralph Lauren striped one to store all my goods. I started the day with these slip on espadrille sandals by Dolce Vita from Lord & Taylor. They’re a bit edgier for me, but the espadrille bottom softens up the black leather.
We drove into Tours for lunch, but since we were a bit late in the afternoon, everything was closed except a few bakeries. So we picked up a few baguettes and water and made our way around town, visiting Saint Gatien’s Cathedral and stopping for some ice cream in the gardens of Musée des Beaux-Arts. I had changed into these Michael Kors embellished sandals from Lord & Taylor upon our arrival that definitely added a bit of glam to the look.
We then made our final stop at Château Villandry, one of the most beautiful châteaux in Loire Valley. The decor was stunning, filled with pastel colors, French antiques and prints on prints.
For the last part of the day, I changed into my Sam Edelman wedges from Lord & Taylor that add a little bit of height (which is always nice) and are still comfortable enough to walk around in.
The decor of Villandry is undoubtably beautiful, but what makes the property extra special is the gardens. The Renaissance gardens include a vegetable garden, a maze, a water and flower garden. You can spend hours on the property and still not see it all! We tried to get through as much as possible, not wanting to miss a hidden gem.
If you’re visiting Loire Valley, definitely add Chateau Villandry to your list! It was incredibly special and a wonderful place to spend the afternoon or evening. The gardens were so peaceful, we could have taken a nap on the vast lawns near the water garden, listening to the birds chirp and the soft sounds of the water fountains.
Thank you to Lord & Taylor for sponsoring this post.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- SF Color Posted in Julia's Style
- Gingham Swimsuit Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Winter in NYC Posted in Julia's Style, Beauty Tips, food, Travel, fashion week, Style, Accessories, Bags, Dressy, Seasonal, Winter, Beauty, Hair, Activities, Restaurants
- A Day in Palm Springs Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Shoes, Bags, Hotels, Travel Guide, California
- Lakeside In Weggis Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- The Sunflowers & Fruit Stands of Summer Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Sunset In NYC Posted in Julia's Style
- Sunday Farmer’s Market Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Gingham Mini Dress Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer