My favorite château that we visited in Loire Valley was Château de Chenonceau with its ultra lush gardens and unique design. It spans out over River Cher, creating a gorgeous scene that draws travelers to the property throughout the year. We made our way over in the evening just before golden hour, making it the perfect time to beat the crowds and get a nice cool breeze.
There are rowboats on the property that you can rent and paddle along the river riding under the château. You’re definitely able to get the best view this way and makes for some incredible photos!
We spent the most time in Diane’s Garden (the one pictured above) that has thousands of perfectly manicured flowers and shrubs along with an original water fountain in the center.
There is also a 16th century farmhouse that has been restored as well as a vegetable garden on the property. It’s a charming contrast next to the vast château that is said to be rumored as inspiration for Cinderella’s Castle.
This Club Monaco skirt is one of those dreamy pieces that just floats in the wind. I love the mix of the two-tone pleats that gives it such a unique feel compared to the typical pleated skirt. It also comes in a gorgeous dress version in a slightly darker shade.
Above was my favorite garden on the property, Catherine’s Garden. The light was hitting the château just right, making it look like it had a spotlight on it and illuminating my tanned skin (thanks to the hot, hot weather). I kept cool in this Club Monaco crop top that has the prettiest scalloped crossover panels. I also bought in black because I wear them with all my higher rise midi skirts and it’s hard to find a crop top that isn’t too tight or show too much skin. Simple and chic, just the way I like it.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- Blue Lace Skirt Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Seasonal, Spring
- Savoring Summer Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Rainbow of Stripes Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Floral Pants Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Bows, Seasonal, Spring
- April Flowers Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Classic, Seasonal, Spring, Charleston
- The Wide Leg Culotte Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Sunday in the Park Posted in Julia's Style
- White and Blue Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Classic, Seasonal, Spring, Charleston
- A Week of Rain Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Seasonal, Spring, California, San Francisco