At the beginning of the month, Thomas and I celebrated our three year wedding anniversary. Since we had been traveling so much this summer, we didn’t set any special plans. But a few days before, Thomas surprised me with the idea of going hot air ballooning out in Napa. Since it was an experience neither of us had done, it ended up being the perfect gift to each other.
We usually drive out to Napa Valley for the day or even an afternoon, but we decided to stay for two nights at the Farmhouse Inn to make it extra special for the occasion. This charming property in Sonoma had been on our list of places to visit since reading about it a few years ago. It’s nestled amongst lush green vineyards and has a very cozy and relaxing feel to it.
I pretty much use any excuse to pull out my Hunter boots and love the garden-chic vibe they give my gingham shirt and scalloped shorts. I only wish I had a garden myself- I would be out there everyday!
Every evening the hotel would set up a gourmet s’mores bar with fresh homemade marshmallows. My girlfriend who had stayed at Farmhouse a few months prior warned me how delicious these were! We, of course, had to take advantage of this little treat both nights. P.S. I’m wearing this oversized sweater in the image below.
After we went hot air ballooning in the early morning in Yountville, we walked to Bouchon Bakery for coffee and pastries before heading over to Auberge Du Soleil for a big, delicious breakfast. The crisp morning air made it feel like autumn had arrived, so we sat outside looking out at the views of Napa with warm drinks in hand.
Hot air ballooning was absolutely amazing. We booked a sunrise, private tour with Napa Valley Aloft and had such a great experience with them. We got lucky with clear skies and winds working in our favor. Watching the sun rise as we floated above Napa was just breathtaking!
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- Fall in Napa Valley Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Packing For Wine Country Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Calistoga Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Farmstead Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Spring in Napa Valley Posted in Julia's Style, food, Travel, Style, Dresses, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, Hotels, Activities, Travel Guide, California, Restaurants
- Lavender Fields Posted in Julia's Style, misc, Travel
- Weekend Trip To Napa Posted in Julia's Style, food, Travel, Style, Accessories, Bags, Sunglasses, Seasonal, Winter, Activities, California, Restaurants
- Valentine’s Love Posted in Julia's Style, thomas, food, Travel, Holiday, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bows, Dressy, Seasonal, Winter, Beauty, Hotels, Restaurants
- Healdsburg Posted in Travel, Style, Dresses, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, California