This is pretty much my “at home” look- a comfy white tee and jeans. There is nothing more perfect to wear for lounging around the house and cooking on the weekends, which I can’t get enough of lately. The Express One Eleven tees are honestly the softest thing you’ll wear. Just buy one and you’ll want them all…I promise. I layered on this tee with this sweater, but also own this tank that I last wore here. These Jeans are also from Express and they are so comfy and flattering. Plus, they’re currently on sale for under $50! Together they make the perfect casual look.
Being home means getting to cook as many at-home meals as we can. We used to eat out quite often, and while we still do, there are many things that we’re putting in the effort to create ourselves. For example, we love acai bowls and would head over to Basik Acai on Polk as often as we could when we were home. So a few months ago, Thomas and I began experimenting making our own at home, playing with different mixtures and adding whichever toppings we craved that day.
Our favorite acai bowl is comprised of these ingredients:
Acai ingredients: 3 frozen acai packets (we like the brand Sambazon), .5 tablespoons of organic peanut butter, 1.5 frozen bananas and 6 tablespoons of almond milk (if it’s too thick, just add more almond milk)
For toppings: strawberries, blueberries, bananas, almonds, a crunchy granola, cacao, bee pollen and honey
The steps are pretty simple. Make sure all of your fruit and toppings are prepared before you make the acai. Then, just blend all of the “acai ingredients” together in a blender. Add on however much you want of each topping and voilà! You’ve got yourself the perfect acai bowl.
We whip these up for breakfast, lunch and dinner- they pretty much always hit the spot. They’re easy to make and packed with antioxidants!
Thank you to Express for sponsoring this post.
You May Also Like
- Summer Spread Posted in Julia's Style, food, Style, Dresses, Summer, Home, Decor, Entertaining, Recipes
- Contributor Series: Three Desserts for the Fourth of July Posted in food, Home, Entertaining, Recipes, Contributor Series
- Cooking Contributor Series: 3 Healthy & Easy Summer Salads Posted in food, Home, Entertaining, Recipes, Contributor Series
- Cooking Contributor Series: 3 Delightful Dessert Ideas For Easter Posted in tutorial, misc, food, Spring, Home, Entertaining, Recipes, Contributor Series
- Museum To Cocktails Posted in Julia's Style, food, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Spring, Activities, Travel Guide, California, San Francisco, Restaurants
- Bougainvillea Posted in Julia's Style, food, Travel, Style, Accessories, Bags, Hats, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, California, Restaurants
- White Tee & Jeans Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Valentine’s Love Posted in Julia's Style, thomas, food, Travel, Holiday, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bows, Dressy, Seasonal, Winter, Beauty, Hotels, Restaurants
- Cozy At Home For The Holidays Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Fall