The last place Thomas and I stayed in Provence was at Domaine De La Baume in Tourtour. Fun fact, it used to be the home of Bernard Buffet, a French painter and Picasso’s “rival”. The property itself is beautiful, but we spent most of our time visiting the nearby towns and villages. Every morning at breakfast, the hotel would let us know which town was having an open market and on this particular day, that was Aups.
So Thomas and I drove over to the tiny little village of Aups. Coming from such an intimate and quiet hotel, it was a nice surprise to find the market bustling with locals and tourists. We made our way around, picking through the fresh fruits and buying lavender goodies for friends and family back home.
After making our way through most of the market, we weaved in and out of the narrow streets, taking in the old beauty and charm.
I wore this off the shoulder dress from LOFT paired with a vintage belt and my crossbody bag. It’s no longer available, but there are a few similar styles I found online including this one, this one and this one. It seemed like off the shoulder tops and dresses came back in full force this summer and I’m all for the style!
While putting together this post, I can still feel the heat and smell the soft scent of lavender that lingers everywhere. It made me miss traveling around France so much, but I hope some of these images inspire you to visit somewhere you’ve never been before. It was such a treat to experience Provence for the first time.
I’m also launching a new series of email newsletters that will include weekly Q&A’s (feel free to ask me any questions that you want answered on snapchat: galmeetsglam , twitter: @galmeetsglam or instagram: @juliahengel ), a “Closet Rewind” email where I’ll be pulling an old item I wore on the blog and styling it in a new way, an “In The Mood For” email where I’ll share everything from books I’m currently reading to favorite recipes to songs on my playlist, etc. and lots of other exciting emails that I can’t wait to share! All of the content will only be within the emails and not shared here on the blog, so if you are interested, feel free to sign up here! Just make sure to click all of the check boxes to receive each one. We’re always open to any suggestions of emails that you would like to see, so feel free to email email@example.com to share your thoughts. xx
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- Provence & French Riviera Itinerary Posted in Travel, Europe, Activities
- Château de Chambord Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Summer In Provence Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Bastide De Marie & Lacoste, Provence Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Hotels, Europe
- Lavender Fields Posted in Julia's Style, misc, Travel
- Moustiers-Sainte-Marie, Gorges Du Verdon & Lavender Fields Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Pink, Dresses, Accessories, Hats, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Europe
- L’Isle-sur-la-Sorgue, Fontaine-de-Vaucluse & Gordes, Provence Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Europe
- Sunset Picnic in Saint-Saturnin-lès-Apt Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Pink, Dresses, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Europe
- Blue and White Striped Skirt Posted in Julia's Style