I think in another lifetime I was a florist or gardener, I just love being surrounded by fresh flowers and this post is not lacking in that department. While in London back at the end of June, Thomas and I visited Queen Mary’s Garden at Regent’s Park. It’s London’s largest collection of roses with over 12,000 planted! During our visit, the florals were in full bloom and smelled even better than they looked.
The yellow bed above was called “Absolutely Fabulous” and made me think of my grandma because she is just that- absolutely fabulous. I think my love for all roses actually stems from her, they’re one of her favorite things (and she has quite the garden herself).
The park has plenty of spots to lay out and enjoy a picnic or you can rent these striped chairs for a small amount and grab lunch to-go at one of the cafes in the park (as we did). We got so lucky with beautiful, sunny weather while we were in London, which is not always the case so we savored every moment outside.
The Ferragamo “Vara” pump (last seen here) is a classic shoe that will forever be timeless. This sienne shade is extra flattering, slightly elongating my legs and being a great neutral to pair with any dress.
I had purchased this Red Valentino dress at the beginning of Spring, wearing it for a few special events but not getting the chance to shoot and share on the blog. I used to save dresses like this only for certain “occasions” but decided to start wearing them in my everyday life because, why not? Why not wear your favorite dress on a Tuesday just because? When paired with flats and a cross-body bag, it makes it much more practical. Red Valentino makes some of my all-time favorite dresses- you can see a few of my past posts here, here, here and here. The dress I’m wearing is from the Spring season and now sold out but the new Fall collection is just as good. A few of my most-loved dresses are this one, this one and this one.
And just like that, we were off!
You May Also Like
- April Flowers Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Classic, Seasonal, Spring, Charleston
- Kenwood House Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- A Rainbow of Bougainvillea Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Sunglasses, Seasonal, Spring, Hotels, Travel Guide, California
- Sonoma Sunshine Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Museum To Cocktails Posted in Julia's Style, food, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Spring, Activities, Travel Guide, California, San Francisco, Restaurants
- Winter in Paris Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Winter
- Girls Weekend In Palm Beach Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, Travel Guide
- Pretty Pink Dress Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Seasonal, Spring, Charleston
- Tuscan Sun Posted in Julia's Style, food, Travel, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Hats, Sunglasses, Seasonal, Spring, Hotels, Europe, Travel Guide, Restaurants