We hopped on over across the pond late last week and were greeted with London’s fall weather, welcoming it with open arms. Luckily we packed a few of our warm things including coats and scarves and lots of layers. We were in London around this time last year (remember here and here?), so it feels pretty nostalgic to be back.
I picked up a nasty cold on our flight home from NYC that lingered, coming with me on this trip as well. We landed in London initially planning on going straight to bed, but when we saw how beautiful the weather was, we couldn’t force ourselves to sit inside all afternoon. So we headed out for some warm drinks and a walk in the park.
We made our way to Monocle Cafe in Marylebone, ordering some of their matcha hot chocolate and avocado toast to fill our afternoon appetite.
We then walked over to Green Park, which is just that, a very green park. The leaves on the trees had started to change to the colors of autumn, the grass a deep shade of hunter green and the sky a vibrant blue. The air was crisp but the sun warmed our faces, making for a sleepy afternoon in the park for many.
I recently got these pieces from J. McLaughlin that are the quintessential fall basics- soft knits and light scarves in muted shades of neutrals. This pleated skirt is my favorite and I can see it paired with a chunky, oversized sweater back home. It also comes in classic black, which would easily make your essentials list.
Thank you to J.McLaughlin for sponsoring this post.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- Wearing Summer Dresses Into Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Spring Green Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Pink, Accessories, Bags, Hats, Classic, Seasonal, Spring, Activities, California
- Dresses For Mother’s Day Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Spring, Jewelry, Charleston
- Three Looks Around Charleston With J.McLaughlin Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Hats, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, Charleston
- You Will Fall In Love With This Cape I Wore In Scotland Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- 3 Key Pieces To Pack For Labor Day Weekend Posted in Travel, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Packing
- These Are My Top 7 Picks For Transitional Fall Coats Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Sweater Weather Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Pink Lace Trench Posted in Julia's Style, food, Travel, Style, Pink, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Seasonal, Spring, Europe, Travel Guide, Restaurants