TRESemmé Perfectly (un)Done Hairspray, Sea Foam and Fresh Start Volumizing Dry Shampoo, Wearing Ryder Dress
Without a doubt, my favorite hairstyle that I created with TRESemmé for NYFW was this half-up braid I wore in this post. It was a reader favorite as well and got the most requests for a tutorial, so I put together a quick step-by-step process on how to recreate this effortless style. I made sure to ask my stylist for any tips and pointers and of course, which products to use to get the best results to recreate at home.
I always start with clean, straight hair as my base. Next, I separate my hair into two halves, putting the top half into a bun on the top of my head. I then curl the bottom half away from my face, making sure to leave the ends out (uncurled). I’m using a 1 1/4″ GHD Soft Curl Iron.
Next, I take down the second half of my hair and repeat the same steps as before.
I then add a bit of TRESemmé Fresh Start Volumizing Dry Shampoo to the crown of my hair to refresh my roots.
Next, I use a bit of TRESemmé Perfectly (un)Done Sea Foam to add texture and volume to my roots so that my hair won’t be too soft and fall apart when I’m creating the braid.
I then make a deep side part before I take the two front pieces and bobby pin them back, making sure that the part stays in place.
I then start to french braid my hair right under the bobby pins. Slowly add in hair, stopping when you reach the base of your head, continuing with a regular braid and leaving the rest of your down underneath.
I finish off with pulling a few pieces down in front of my face to create that “effortless” look so it’s not too perfect or pulled together. The reason why I love this look is because the braid is a little messy and disheveled but still so pretty. Top off with TRESemmé Perfectly (un)Done Hairspray to make sure the look holds throughout the day.
Voilà! There you have it, the messy-but-romantic half-up braid!
This post is sponsored by TRESemmé, a product of Unilever.
You May Also Like
- Vintage Curls Hair Tutorial Posted in Beauty Tips, Beauty, Hair, Video
- Retro Half Up Hair Tutorial Posted in Beauty Tips, Beauty, Hair
- Twisted Side Braid Tutorial Posted in Beauty Tips, Style, Beauty, Tips, Hair
- Twisted Knot Tutorial with TRESemmé Posted in tutorial, Beauty Tips, Beauty, Tips, Hair
- Repair And Protect Your Hair Posted in Beauty Tips, Beauty, Tips, Hair
- Braids, Two Ways Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Classic, Seasonal, Summer, Beauty, Hair
- Winter in NYC Posted in Julia's Style, Beauty Tips, food, Travel, fashion week, Style, Accessories, Bags, Dressy, Seasonal, Winter, Beauty, Hair, Activities, Restaurants
- These Are The 10 Beauty Products I Buy From Whole Foods Posted in Beauty Tips, Beauty, Tips, Hair, Makeup, Skin
- Three Looks For NYFW Posted in Beauty Tips