I had the incredible opportunity of traveling to London with the Burberry team to cover and get a glimpse inside their world of beauty and fashion before, during and after their Spring/Summer 2016 show. We were only in town for 3 nights and our schedule was packed with activities and events, so we hit the ground running once we arrived.
On our first morning, we got a tour of the Burberry Beauty Box in Covent Square before heading over to the Burberry Headquarters to watch, listen and learn from Burberry Make-up Artistic Consultant, Wendy Rowe. We got to see a preview of the beauty look for the runway show the following day, seen here on Burberry model, Amber Anderson. Wendy works closely with Burberry’s Chief Creative and Chief Executive Officer, Christopher Bailey, to develop the beauty look for each season, which is inspired by the pieces from the collection. I loved hearing her talk about how closely beauty and fashion tie together for the brand, which is designed all in house.
This season’s look was fresh-faced with a bit of light contouring, a bold oxblood lip and white nails. Wendy started with Burberry’s Fresh Glow as the base, then apply the Effortless Contouring Pen under the cheekbones, jawline and crease of the eyes. She then added a bit of Burberry’s Light Glow Blush before finishing off with a natural amount of Mascara and Oxblood Lip. Burberry Beauty will also be launching in Sephora so keep your eyes peeled because these products are amazing!
The following afternoon came the official Burberry Spring/Summer 2016 show. (Can you spy me in the image below- look for turquoise!) It was such a dream to attend and see the collection in person, on the runway. The show itself is an incredible performance. It was so much more than any runway show I’ve ever attended. A live orchestra sat in the center of the runway, while Alison Moyet sang.
I got to pop backstage before the show began to watch Wendy Rowe in action. I love the minimal eye makeup and the oxblood look that we had seen the day prior.
Since the show was in Kensington Gardens, after it was over, Thomas and I walked over to the Orangery for a very British afternoon. It’s the sweetest spot for some afternoon sugar and tea.
We spent the rest of the afternoon hiding from the rain before heading out for our last event, celebrating the show with cocktails at Thomas’s, Burberry’s cafe at their Regent St. location. I switched into this gorgeous pink Burberry coat for a night out on the town in London. I can’t thank the Burberry team enough for such an amazing experience that I’ll never forget!
Thank you to Burberry for sponsoring this post.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- Burberry Beauty Posted in Beauty Tips
- Wearing Summer Dresses Into Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Exploring Covent Garden Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Blue and White Striped Skirt Posted in Julia's Style
- These 3 Easy Packing Tips Will Have You Traveling Like A Pro Posted in Travel, Packing
- Answering Frequently Asked “What to Pack” Questions Posted in Travel, Packing
- 3 Key Pieces To Pack For Labor Day Weekend Posted in Travel, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Packing
- Life’s Little Treasures Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall, Jewelry
- Provence & French Riviera Itinerary Posted in Travel, Europe, Activities