Thomas and I are already back home from New York Fashion Week and we had a whirlwind trip with the TRESemmé team. I partnered up with them again this season to showcase the hairstyles not only backstage and on the runway but the looks I wore all throughout the week. I had the luxury of getting my hair done every morning by a TRESemmé hair stylist, which allowed me to try out some styles I normally wouldn’t think of on my own and learn some tips and tricks, which I’ll be sharing in this post and a few more to come.
The first two days of fashion week were a mix of warm, rainy weather. So my stylist and I decided to try hairstyles that worked in my favor for this. The first day, we went for a straight, sleek look parted down the middle and the second day, we pulled it back into an “effortless” looking updo.
My hair is naturally straight, so usually when I let it air dry, it has more of a messy-straight look to it. My stylist elevated this look by first adding a bit of the TRESemmé Runway Get Sleek Blow Dry Balm and then straightening my hair with a straightener adding a few face framing pieces. She also added a bit more volume to the crown of my hair by teasing and using the TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Finishing Hairspray to finish the look off.
The second updo we created was one of my favorites from the week. The results were unexpected and glamorous but relaxed and effortless all at once. The stylist started off by adding a little of the TRESemmé Perfectly (un)Done Sea Foam to my hair before curling it and pulling it back into a bun and pinning it.
For the first day of shows, I wore this white Alexis dress (I’m wearing an xs) with my blush pink Valentino pumps and black accessories. Alexis makes some of the most beautiful lace and crochet dresses like one, this one and this one. If the weather was cool enough to allow it, I would have worn a leather jacket or cashmere coat over it.
I purchased this Michael Kors shirtdress on major sale a few months back and I know it will remain a favorite find for years. There is an understated elegance to a simple dress like this but by no means is it basic. I found a few other similar black shirtdress options here, here and here.
This post is sponsored by TRESemmé, a product of Unilever.
Make Sure You Don't Miss The Next Two TRESemmé Posts
Signup Now To My Email List
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- Three Looks For NYFW Posted in Beauty Tips
- NYFW Recap Part Two Posted in Julia's Style
- Twisted Knot Tutorial with TRESemmé Posted in tutorial, Beauty Tips, Beauty, Tips, Hair
- Half-Up Braid Tutorial Posted in tutorial, Beauty Tips, Beauty, Hair
- Twisted Side Braid Tutorial Posted in Beauty Tips, Style, Beauty, Tips, Hair
- Retro Half Up Hair Tutorial Posted in Beauty Tips, Beauty, Hair
- Perfectly Undone Posted in Julia's Style, Beauty Tips
- Winter in NYC Posted in Julia's Style, Beauty Tips, food, Travel, fashion week, Style, Accessories, Bags, Dressy, Seasonal, Winter, Beauty, Hair, Activities, Restaurants
- Braids, Two Ways Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Classic, Seasonal, Summer, Beauty, Hair