Save the best for last. Well, that’s exactly what I did for the Carolina Herrera show during NYFW. It has always been my absolute favorite show to attend as Carolina somehow outdoes herself every single time. This collection was filled with pink hues, dreamy silhouettes and flowing fabrics. It exudes elegance and glamour, as Carolina Herrera is always known for. You can see a peek on my Instagram here or see the rest of the Spring 2016 RTW collection on Vogue.com here.
I wore this polka dot dress from the CH Carolina Herrera collection paired with my oxfords that add a bit of masculinity to the feminine dress. It was also so nice to wear flats most of fashion week- it saved my feet since we walked almost everywhere.
After the show, we walked to Buvette to meet up with our friends for a late lunch before we flew back to SF that evening. Walking through the streets filled with brick townhouses, we could feel the verge of fall coming with the leaves falling and autumn decor starting to peek through.
After a leisurely lunch including a glass or two of rosé, we grabbed iced coffees and cookies at Magnolia Bakery before heading over to the Top of the Rock for our final hour in the city. You can find Rose’s darling dress here!
You can’t beat the view from the Top of the Rock and although it’s not the quickest afternoon activity, it’s worth it. Make sure to buy tickets ahead of time and be prepared to wait in line + have enough time to enjoy the view at the top. The feeling and exhilaration I get in NYC is unlike anywhere else and I always can’t wait for my next trip back.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- Gold Paris Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Denim, Leather & Lace Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Casual
- Layered Layers Posted in Julia's Style, fashion week
- Self Portrait Azaelea Dress Posted in Julia's Style
- Jacquard Collared Dress Posted in misc
- Tuscany Travel Diary Part II Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Blue and White Striped Skirt Posted in Julia's Style
- The Wide Leg Culotte Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Feeling Like Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Travel