After picking up a few brooches from my girlfriend Jillian, who owns Sweet & Spark, I’ve been wanting to create new ways to wear them other than on a dress or the collar of my coat. A brooch is an accessory that I’ve never really incorporated into my style, but after seeing Jillian’s recent post on 9 ways to style a brooch, I was inspired to create my own 3 unique ways.
I love the look of a vintage brooch used as a hair accessory. It’s an easy look to create, especially for the upcoming holiday season. I just slipped two bobby pins onto the pin of the brooch and clipped it to my messy curls. The result is glam without being too “much”.
For the second look, add two brooches to the neck of a sweater or blouse. It creates the illusion of a collar to an otherwise plain piece. I picked two matching brooches for this particular look, but you can use mismatched brooches for more eclectic style.
The key to creating this hairstyle is finding the right type of brooch. A piece that has a curved shape to it and will lay flat like this one, this one, this one or this one will give you the best results.
Adding a brooch to a necklace is a simple way to create something new out of two pieces you may already own. I added this vintage pink pin to my classic rhinestone necklace to create a unique statement piece. Selecting a round shaped piece, like this one, this one, this one or this one to add to a necklace works best.
Jillian and I teamed up to give away 5 $100 Sweet & Spark gift cards! For a chance to win, simply enter your email address in the entry form below. By doing so, you’ll also be added to both of our email newsletter lists (if you’re not already). You can gain additional entries by sharing with friends, or by following us on Instagram. Sweet & Spark items are unique pieces, with most styles only having one available, so if you find a brooch that you can’t live without, take 20% off your purchase now through October 23rd with the code: BROOCHIT! Also, don’t forget to share how you style your brooches with #broochit!
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- Blazer Posted in Julia's Style
- Sole Society Posted in Julia's Style
- Fuzzy Purple Sweater Posted in Julia's Style, thomas
- A Night In Ravello + ILY Couture Giveaway Posted in giveaway, Julia's Style, thomas
- Turquoise Breeze Posted in Julia's Style
- Vintage Curls Hair Tutorial Posted in Beauty Tips, Beauty, Hair, Video
- White Ruffles Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- ShopStyle Social House x Neiman Marcus Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Bags, Dressy, Seasonal, Fall
- Lakeside In Italy Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Bags, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, Hotels, Europe, Travel Guide