Any party dress that can be transitioned to daytime appropriate is my kind of dress. I often do this with dressier pieces (see here and here) to put them to good use. My trick? Wear flats and add a jacket or coat in denim or leather, to make the dress appear more casual. You’ll want to go back in your closet and create all sorts of new looks with pieces you would usually save for events or special occasions!
This navy and white embroidered Chicwish dress is a steal at under $65! I love the dainty scalloped detailing and delicate layers. Some of my favorite budget friendly dresses have been from Chicwish, including this one and this one (and this one that I don’t have but still love!)
Thankfully we keep having these warm, sunny days in SF that allow for bare legs and short sleeves, so I haven’t had to pull out my stockings or thick layers yet. I’m craving some cooler weather though, so we might be heading to somewhere with colder temps for my birthday next week!
Thank you to Chicwish for sponsoring this post.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- The Classic Trench Posted in Julia's Style
- The Wide Leg Culotte Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Morning at Meadowood Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Soft Tones Posted in Julia's Style
- Cream Lace Posted in Julia's Style
- Potrero Hill Posted in Julia's Style
- Lady in Pink Posted in Julia's Style
- Passing Time In NYC Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- One Top, Two Ways Posted in Julia's Style