Last Sunday, Thomas and I made the three hour drive to Big Sur for the night. We had previously only passed through the misty coastline, stopping for photos, but never staying overnight. We checked into the luxurious yet homey Post Ranch Inn, which has been at the top of our “must visit” hotel list for a while now. You can get a glimpse of our trip on Instagram here, here, here and here.
Taking a break from city life and being in nature always makes me feel at peace. I can get pretty caught up in the craziness of life, especially with an online business that’s built around sharing and social media. Thomas and I love heading out with our cameras in hand, ready to explore, with no pressure of taking “the perfect” photos. One of Thomas’s favorite things to capture on camera is nature (especially sunsets) and he loves to go “photographic hikes” as we like to call them.
Big Sur is incredible and if you’ve ever considered doing a trip, absolutely go through with it! The mornings are eery and foggy, making you want to curl up by a fire with a warm cup of tea, and the seaside cliffs offer breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean. There are plenty of parks and beaches for daytime activities as well. The scenery has me reminiscing of our trip to Alaska with our friends Carly & Garrett back in May, which you can see here and here.
We spent the afternoon wandering around the 100 acre property, taking the paths through the forest to the chef’s garden before making our way back to our treehouse.
I am obsessed with my Hunter Boots and wear them any chance I get (last seen here in Napa). These are the Hunter “Original Tall” Rainboots in black but I also have the “Tour” Packable Rainboots in hunter green which are great for traveling. I also love these pink ones!
The fall weather inspired me to pack my knit sweaters, favorite jeans and jackets like this Barbour one in “Old Rose” that I’m in love with. It’s not too thick but still keeps you warm on a cool afternoon, plus the tartan inside is such a cute touch. I wear my Patagonia Nano Puff Jacket weekly in San Francisco (thanks, fog!) and while I absolutely love it, this Barbour one is a nice switch up.
Thank you to Nordstrom for sponsoring this post.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- This Flower Farm Will Make You Want To Become A Flower Farmer Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Morning Canoe on Blueberry Lake Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Marin Headlands Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Winter, Activities, San Francisco
- Our Scotland Adventure Part 1. Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Summer In Ireland Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Bags, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, Summer, Activities
- The Last Frontier Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Black Sand Beach Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Winter, Activities, San Francisco
- 5 Ways To Wear Hunter Boots Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall
- On The Ranch Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Summer