This past Wednesday morning, we woke up to rain and gloomy skies. We turned on our heater and remained working in our office until late afternoon, when our stomachs started to grumble. I don’t know if it was the weather, or the fact that we were wrapped up in cozy blankets in our cold office, but we were both craving hot chocolate. Our favorite spot in the city for amazing hot cocoa is Dandelion in the Mission, but not wanting to go too far, we found a wonderful alternative in Stella Pastry Cafe in North Beach.
We ordered two hot chocolates and a plate of cookies…which disappeared quickly between the two of us. North Beach, by the way, is always the best spot for finding cafes with outside seating.
I couldn’t resist breaking in these suede pumps for the day (luckily the rain stopped). They were an early birthday present to myself :) They also come in classic black or nude. I don’t wear heels very often these days, so it was fun to just switch it up for no other reason than to wear a killer pair of heels!
Two items that everyone woman should have in her wardrobe are a great pair of black jeans and a cozy black sweater. My Burberry coat gave-off a punch of color, so I kept the rest of my look simple with a sleek black on black combination. This Vince cashmere sweater is a little oversized and incredibly soft. I also have these black Frame jeans in the flared version (last seen here and here), and recently got the skinny version. They’re the best fitting jeans ever!
Also, right now you can get up to $700 on a gift card at Saks with your purchase using code: OCT2015 until October 31st. It’s a great excuse to start doing a little holiday shopping, or to pick up a treat for yourself! And a perfect time to get a great pair of booties (like these Acne ones I have and love!), a beautiful coat or a dreamy cashmere sweater.
Thank you to ShopStyle for sponsoring this post.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- Ruffled Plaid Mini Skirt Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Sunset In NYC Posted in Julia's Style
- Rebecca Minkoff Becky Blazer Posted in Julia's Style
- Classic White Posted in Julia's Style
- Pink Sequin Skirt Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Winter
- Sunday Glam Posted in Julia's Style
- NYE Party Look Posted in Julia's Style, Holiday, Style, Pink, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Dressy, Jewelry
- Dressed Up In Paris Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Hearts & Balloons Posted in Julia's Style