Though our trip to London was brief, we made sure to make the most of the free time we did have, which included many of the touristy things that we had done before but continue to love doing. On this day, we woke up early and walked to Covent Garden from our hotel, stopping for some happy snaps and coffee along the way. I wore a simple combination of jeans, a white cashmere sweater and my classic trench coat, but added a pop with these Stuart Weitzman Gilligan Flats in red.
I receive a lot of emails from readers asking questions about what to pack for upcoming trips, seeking looks that are practical but still cute and stylish (you’ll have the photos & memories forever!). For a fall trip, I recommend a version of this combination. Each piece can be styled in so many different ways, making the most of the limited space in your luggage.
We spent a good part of our morning at the Burberry Headquarters, which was conveniently located within walking distance from Westminster, Big Ben and the London Eye.
We had to visit Charles Pétillon’s first public exhibit in Covent Garden, which is now gone, but had 100,000 balloons filling the entire market building. They looked like little clouds floating, a dreamy surprise for those who weren’t expecting it! It’s a part of his “Invasions” series of filling abandoned spaces with white balloons, each representing a metaphor for something unique.
I try to keep my style as classic as possible, especially when splurging on more expensive items, to ensure that they’ll be pieces I’m still wearing 15+ years from now. I also believe in the power of a good accessory and by accessory, I mean shoes! Stuart Weitzman never fails to bring new life to a classic staple – case in point, these Gilligan red flats. They’re comfortable enough to walk around in all day and even transition into an evening look with a little black dress.
Thank you to Stuart Weitzman for sponsoring this post.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- 5050 Boots Posted in Julia's Style
- Over The Knee Boots Posted in Julia's Style
- Tuscany Travel Diary Part II Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Joie Maxi Dress Posted in Julia's Style, food, Travel, Dresses, Seasonal, Spring, Hotels, Activities, California, Restaurants
- Plaid Ombre Posted in Julia's Style
- Chloé Love Story Posted in Julia's Style, Beauty Tips
- Stuart Weitzman Booties Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Seasonal, Fall
- Fall Colors In Vermont Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Striped Shorts Posted in Julia's Style