I’ve been telling Thomas that we need to make it out to the snow more often. Maybe it’s the fact that I haven’t had to deal with it on a regular basis (I’ve never lived anywhere where it snowed or spent more than a week in the snow) but I absolutely can’t get enough. I did not want to leave Colorado! I love the process of getting extra bundled up before I head outside and how amazing the warm air from a fireplace and a hot drink in my hand feels once I’m inside.
I got this alpaca cape on our last day in Peru and it was a purchase that I’m so glad I made! I often reach for it in the morning to throw over a t-shirt and jeans before I head out to grab a cup of coffee. I brought it with me to Colorado and wore it to cocktails and dinner one evening. Although this particular one isn’t available online, I’ve found a few similar options here, here, here and here– all under $200. This alpaca one from Cuyana is also a beautiful option and comes in camel, grey or black.
I stayed cozy inside wearing this Rag & Bone sweater, these coated Hudson jeans and this Acne scarf. The layers are all warm enough to wear on a cold day in San Francisco or to make the short trip from our cabin to the main lodge where dinner was held. I never underestimate the power of layering (especially thin shirts under sweaters, blanket scarves and beanies).
I have a few pair of the Stuart Weitzman Highland boots but I love the Lowland version. This pair comes in the most perfect camel color that goes with so many pieces in my wardrobe that I couldn’t pass them up.
We’re back home now but already planning our next trip to the snow, this time with some of our friends! I can’t wait to get back in the cold and hopefully do a few more winter activities. I’ll be sure to pack more warm sweaters and layers! J.Crew just released more of their new winter items and I have my eye on these fair isle sweaters (and this collection one!) along with this plaid coat and this puffer one. Plus, get 25% off today only with code: NEWNEW
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- White Denim Skirt Posted in Julia's Style, food, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Seasonal, Spring, Activities, California, Restaurants
- Fall Colors In Vermont Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Tuscany Travel Diary Part II Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Joie Maxi Dress Posted in Julia's Style, food, Travel, Dresses, Seasonal, Spring, Hotels, Activities, California, Restaurants
- Floral & Leather Posted in Julia's Style
- San Francisco Essentials Part 4: Crossbody Bag Posted in Julia's Style
- You Will Fall In Love With This Cape I Wore In Scotland Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Shopbop Sale Top Picks Posted in favorite things, shopping, Sales
- Birthday Wishlist Posted in brand love, favorite things