I’ve been going to Apple Hill with my family since I was a little girl. I remember making the drive around fall time, filling up on apple cider donuts, picking pumpkins and sipping cider as the leaves changed and the air became crisp. We would make the drive up again closer to the holidays to pick our Christmas tree, bundled up in layers, stopping this time for hot chocolate and sweets. It’s become a tradition that we’ve made sure to keep doing every fall as it brings back so many wonderful memories!
Thomas and I met up with my sister Lauren and mom a few weeks back for a weekend filled with all fall things. My sister has been living in South America since the beginning of the year, so having her home for a bit is an extra special treat. There is no shortage of laughter and love when we’re together!
Apple Hill is filled with over 50 farms and ranches, so finding which apple orchard to stop at or what bakery for the best pie is the tough part! We always end up sampling a few different apple pies and either starting or ending (or both!) the day with apple cider and hot apple cider donuts. They are amazing!
I’m in love with this checked skirt from Topshop– it’s the ultimate piece to really get you in the fall mood. I paired it with an Old Navy shirt from a few years ago (last seen here) but found a few similar styles here and here. If you’re looking for more plaid skirt options, take a look at this one, this one or this one.
My sister is an incredibly talented artist and one of the most creative and adventurous people I know! You can check out her artwork on her website here or read about some of her travels here. We had fun doing a little impromptu photo shoot together in the apple orchards! I’m definitely printing a few of these out for our home :)
Now that Halloween is over and November is here, Thanksgiving is at the forefront of my mind! It’s the first year that Thomas and I will be hosting it at our place and I’m so excited! I recently discovered Terrain (have any of you ever purchased anything from their site?) and found a few pieces I’m thinking of getting for our table decor like these placeholders and this metallic leaf garland. I love this time of year!
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- Neutrals with Leopard Posted in Julia's Style
- Mixing Prints Posted in Julia's Style
- Sugarbush Farm Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Summer Wish List- Under $50! Posted in Julia's Style
- A Day in Palm Springs Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Shoes, Bags, Hotels, Travel Guide, California
- GMG Guide To Palm Springs Posted in Julia's Style, food, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, Hotels, Activities, Travel Guide, California, Restaurants
- Brooklyn Bridge Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Mount Tamalpais Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Winter, Activities, Travel Guide, San Francisco
- Calistoga Posted in Julia's Style, Travel