My ideal weekend during the holidays is spending time somewhere cold, bundled up by a fire and eating lots of sweets. That’s exactly what we did last weekend with my family in Tahoe. It was probably the best situation for me to come down with a cold since I had my mom there to take care of me (aren’t moms just the best- endless back tickles & tea) and a cozy spot on the couch all weekend. I stayed in my pjs 80% of our time there and I’m not complaining about that one bit.
I’m excited to be partnering with Aerie this holiday season to show a few of my favorite cozy holiday looks, plus I’m proud to support #AerieReal, an anti-photoshopping movement Aerie started last year. It’s so important to love our bodies just the way they are. We all have what we consider imperfections, but it’s these areas that make us uniquely special. And trying to cover them up or doctor them into something ideal simply makes them seem unreal and unattainable. Embracing what we naturally have exudes confidence, which is real beauty in and of itself.
In the late afternoon, I slipped into this flannel nightie and added this fun fluffy vest for a relaxing afternoon watching all my favorite chick flicks on Netflix (Bridget Jones, My Best Friends Wedding, It’s Complicated…) and cuddled up on the couch with my sisters. A lovely combination of warm slippers, hot tea and a soft scarf completed the evening until we passed out from eating licorice and chocolate almonds.
While I slept, my sisters and Thomas snuck out to snap some photos of the sunset that evening from Emerald Bay. Even though I missed this particular one, I love that I can always live vicariously through Thomas’s photos. We’re hoping to rent another cabin for a ski trip to Tahoe again, and hopefully with better luck, I won’t be sick next time!
Wearing what feels good on is important to me, especially when it comes to my pajamas. If you know me, then you absolutely know I love my pj sets! As the weather gets colder, I crave warm flannels and comfy socks to lounge around the house in. I added the striped joggers and this plaid sweatshirt from Aerie to my mix along with this sweater pom beanie, these plaid socks and this cable knit sweater to keep cozy.
Thank you to Aerie for sponsoring this post.
You May Also Like
- Birchbox Beauty Gifting Posted in Julia's Style, Holiday Gift Guide, Holiday, Beauty, Makeup, Holiday, Gifts
- Birchbox Gifting- Treat Yourself Posted in Julia's Style, Beauty Tips, Holiday Gift Guide, Holiday, Beauty, Hair, Makeup, Skin, Holiday, Gifts
- Dolce&Gabbana Light Blue Posted in Julia's Style, Beauty Tips, Travel, Holiday, Style, Accessories, Hats, Casual, Beauty, Holiday, Gifts, Packing, Home
- Star Print PJs Posted in Julia's Style, Holiday, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Winter, Home, Decor
- Time At Home Posted in Holiday, Home, Entertaining
- Double Bows Posted in Julia's Style, Holiday, Style, Dresses, Shoes, Bows, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Winter, Charleston
- Pink & Orange Thanksgiving Posted in Julia's Style, For the Home, Holiday
- Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays Posted in Julia's Style, thomas, Travel, Holiday, Style, Seasonal, Winter
- NYE Party Look Posted in Julia's Style, Holiday, Style, Pink, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Dressy, Jewelry