One of my favorite features of staying at Dunton was the Library. Thomas and I would head over after breakfast with a book in one hand and hot chocolate in the other and spend the late morning reading next to the cozy fireplace while the snow fell outside. It was exactly how I wanted to spend my birthday trip and I was finally able to finish a book I started weeks ago! (I read The Secret Life of Violet Grant for those of you interested- I loved it!)
Since it was the first snowfall of the year, it wasn’t too cold out just yet. We could get away with just a few layers, thick socks and a beanie. I brought this faux shearling Bernardo jacket with me that was perfect over a soft cashmere sweater which added just enough warmth. The cozy jacket is currently on sale here for under $140!
The Library was complete with a spiral staircase, floor to ceiling shelves of old books, a crackling fire and some scotch waiting to be poured in the corner of the room. We opted for hot chocolate during the day, refilling more times than I would like to admit ;) It was the ultimate cozy destination on a snowy day.
The minute we would get inside, we would pull off our snowy boots and sit our butts down by the fire to warm up. I wish our fireplace at home actually worked (the chimney in our fireplace was destroyed in the 1989 earthquake) so it’s always a treat to have a real wood burning fireplace. The woodsy smell, the warmth and the crackling sounds- nothing compares!
Thank you to Bernardo for sponsoring this post.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- Styling A Cape + Favorites Around The Web Posted in Julia's Style
- March Wish List Posted in shopping
- Black & White Posted in Julia's Style
- Chevron Mix Posted in Julia's Style
- Spring in Somerset Posted in Julia's Style, food, Travel, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Seasonal, Spring, Hotels, Europe, Travel Guide, Restaurants
- Turquoise Breeze Posted in Julia's Style
- White Suit Posted in Julia's Style
- Fall Coat Shopping Guide Posted in favorite things, shopping, roundup
- A Cozy Sweater + Leather Pants Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall