Lately I’ve been appreciating the art of doing nothing. As someone who has a hard time sitting still, sometimes that’s exactly what I need to do. One thing that traveling has taught me over the past year is that time home is just as precious as time spent somewhere else. It’s always exciting to be in a new place, but there really is no place like home.
Thomas and I had the laziest weekend at home cooking and working on finishing our place up for Thanksgiving. We only made a few outings including a trip downtown, to the movie theatre and to Golden Gate Park on Sunday afternoon. San Francisco is beautiful this time of year. The air is crisp and cool and the sun creates a golden glow over the city.
A monochromatic combination always looks chic- grey, black, white, cream, red, etc. I’ve been pulling out my winter whites recently and pairing them together like with this Brooks Brothers sweater & pants and this outfit I posted on Instagram. I topped this version off with a plaid coat (that’s currently 40% off) and a red lip but this toggle coat would keep the all-white look consistent.
I’m thinking of wearing a similar combination for Thanksgiving next week, but with a different color scheme (I don’t think an all white look would go over too well in the kitchen). I know I’ll definitely be pulling out some plaid or a cozy sweater but I love the idea of wearing this skirt with this sweater I’m wearing here, this polka dot dress (that I’m a bit obsessed with) or this tartan shirt dress.
Thank you to Brooks Brothers for sponsoring this post.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- Mount Juliet Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Seasonal, Spring, Hotels
- Azalea Tea Party Picnic Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Accessories, Hats, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, Charleston
- Winter Bright Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Sunset In NYC Posted in Julia's Style
- 10 Plaid Pieces For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Express Edition Posted in Julia's Style
- Holiday Dressing Posted in Julia's Style
- Tommy Girl Posted in Julia's Style
- Sunday Farmer’s Market Posted in Julia's Style, Travel