What is it about fall that makes everyone so happy? For me, it’s the nostalgia of being little, surrounded by family, the smell of cookies in the oven, and spending days running around my grandparents’ ranch with my siblings and cousins. We used to throw a killer Halloween party in the barn, including a hayride out to the 100 year old cemetery on the property (pretty spooky, especially as a kid). Now every year when T and I go pick pumpkins or start planning our Thanksgiving, I think of the massive pumpkins near the corn stalks at the ranch, or the amazing dishes my grandma prepared (and still makes) every year. It all goes back to family and the memories this season brings!
November is always a busy season. It seems to sneak up on us right after Halloween and before we know it, we’re all sitting down to a turkey dinner. I’m trying my best this month to treasure the time we’ve had at home by spending it with friends and family. We’ll be bundling up in the next few weeks and heading to Tahoe with my family now that it’s finally snowing!
I do have to confess that I also love this time of year for the fashion! Coats and boots and scarves and hats – I’m all about the layers and moody tones of the season. My all-time favorite boots are the Stuart Weitzman Highland. I first bought them in black a few years back, then taupe last year, and recently this bordeaux color that’s as luxe and rich in person as it looks in the pictures!
If I were to pick one color to define fall, it would be camel. I could wear it head to toe every day. If you’re going to have only one camel piece, let it be a coat. This Club Monaco one checks all the boxes, but this one and this one are also good contenders. If you’re looking for a few other items to fill your camel needs, I would suggest this cashmere sweater, this scarf, this suede skirt, this hat or these.
Thank you to Stuart Weitzman for sponsoring this post.
You May Also Like
- Midi Skirt Posted in Julia's Style
- Floral Tea Length Skirt Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Accessories, Shoes, Sunglasses, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Spring
- The Wide Leg Culotte Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- A Week On Nantucket, Part 2 Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Stuart Weitzman Booties Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Seasonal, Fall
- Signs of Fall in NYC Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Seasonal, Fall
- Suede Skirt Posted in Julia's Style
- Red Shoes Posted in Julia's Style
- Alpaca Cape Posted in Julia's Style, Travel