After a leisurely weekend at home, we’re getting back into the swing of things over here. We’ve been finishing up our Peru Itinerary to share tomorrow, getting ready for a pre-launch of something new (keep your eyes peeled!), planning details of next week’s Thanksgiving and getting ready for out of town friends to come and visit. It’s a busy week ahead, but I’ve never really liked too much downtime anyway…
I love going downtown early on a weekend morning. The streets are much quieter as (mostly) everyone is still at home, in bed, resting from the night before. We had errands to run, so we were up and out the door earlier than I would have liked to be on a weekend. So with tired eyes, I grabbed a big pair of sunglasses and downed a shot of espresso- that always seems to do the trick.
I last wore this Jill Jill Stuart dress in this post but it’s been worn outside of the blog many more times than that. I get so many compliments on it! The collar is my favorite detail but the jacquard fabric is what really makes it worth the price. The detail is so gorgeous in person. I slipped on tights with (the first of the season) it since San Francisco is having a cold front with some crazy winds and paired it with my oxfords.
After years of running through sub-par quality trench coats, I bought this Burberry one. It’s been about two years now and it’s still in pristine condition. Without a doubt, it’s one of the most worn pieces in my closet and will be for years to come. You can see how I last styled it in London in this post.
I’ve found a few other jacquard dresses that are just as darling as this Jill Stuart one here, here and here. If you’re looking for a few more holiday inspired looks, try adding this top to a simple pair of jeans or trousers, pair this skirt with a plaid shirt, slip this dress on with some killer heels or wear this floral dress with a leather jacket.
Thank you to Bloomingdale’s for sponsoring this post.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- Self Portrait Azaelea Dress Posted in Julia's Style
- From Paris With Love Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- One Of My Favorite Dresses Just Went On Sale Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Summer, Fall
- Top Of The Rock Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Pink & Black Dress Posted in Julia's Style
- Rose’s Cafe Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Happy New Year! Posted in Julia's Style
- GMG Makeover Posted in misc
- Sunset In NYC Posted in Julia's Style