We spent this past weekend on the lake with my family up in Tahoe. Even though I ended up coming down with the flu, we still had the best time. With the holidays starting this week, it has me feeling extra grateful for being able to spend quality time with my husband, family and friends. With work and travel, it’s not very often we get to spend a whole weekend with them. Plus, they’ll be traveling to San Francisco this week, along with a few of our friends, to spend Thanksgiving at our place.
The mornings in Tahoe were brisk, but that didn’t stop us from layering-up and heading out to catch the golden hour in the a.m. The combination of mist over the water and the sun sparkling down made for a beautiful scene. I bundled up in this Old Navy faux fur vest that’s honestly one of my best finds from Old Navy, and topped it off with this cozy scarf from Athleta. My mom and sisters kept petting me all morning because both items were so incredibly soft.
I’m a frequent shopper at all the Gap Inc. brands – Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athelta and loved the idea of creating a seamless look with all four brands. I have to say that my favorite piece is this gorgeous soft blush blouse from Banana Republic with its ruffled detail. It also comes in red, which would be perfect for an upcoming holiday party. These destructed skinny jeans from Gap are also the perfect ankle length and fit like a glove.
All four brands are where I do a lot of my holiday shopping since they offer something for almost everyone in my life. For the men in my life – grandpa, dad, brother and husband- I’ve been using Banana Republic’s gift guide as inspiration. One of my favorite pieces is this plaid vest, but I’m not sure who I’ll be gifting it to yet. A classic cashmere sweater is always a great gift idea and I love this one from Gap. I’ve also been eyeing some of these gift ideas from Athleta for my super athletic little sister, especially this hoodie in blue. I’m also going to be getting a few of my stocking stuffers at Old Navy including these fair isle socks and this polka dot beanie.
Thank you to Gap Inc. for sponsoring this post.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- My GAP INC. Wishlist Posted in Julia's Style
- Winter Bright Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Misty Views Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- The Plaid Coat Posted in Julia's Style
- Holiday Red Posted in Julia's Style, Holiday, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Winter
- Gap x Birchbox Posted in Julia's Style
- Sausalito Stripes Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, San Francisco
- Blue & White Floral Trench Posted in Julia's Style, food, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, Europe, Travel Guide, Restaurants
- Point Reyes Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, Activities, Travel Guide, California