I love winter dressing. Being able to add layers allows me to get more creative with colors and patterns rather than just wearing a simple dress in the summer. You don’t have to have a ridiculous amount of items to do it well, either. If you’re smart about the items you buy, making sure they mix and match with pieces you already have, the whole process becomes much easier! I’ve found a few winter things at Old Navy this season that were just right for doing this.
A striped tee is always a great base layer. Mix it with other stripes, leopard, plaid or even florals to make it really pop. I got this red & white striped one from Old Navy but it also comes in navy and white as well. I love the challenge of pairing different prints and plaids in a way that allows the colors and lines to compliment each other. As long as you keep the colors aligned and in the same color family, you’re good to go!
I’ve bought some of my favorite scarves from Old Navy this season like this color plaid one. I also picked up the one I wore in this instagram post that’s just as big and oversized. Blanket scarves are the best thing to add to your cold weather look- they’re the ultimate cozy accessory. Plaid is versatile because it generally has more than one color intertwined in the pattern, allowing for a variety of color-pairings.
I switched out my Sorel boots for my Hunters on this afternoon, which work just as well (as long as you have thick socks on, since they’re not as warm). They’re the best boot for year round activities and work in dirt, mud, rain or snow.
After we spent most of the day outside, we happily made our way back to our cabin and warmed up by the hot stove in the corner of our room. I slipped off my coat and scarf but left on my beanie and cozy socks. I love these fair isle socks or this colorful beanie as alternative options.
Thank you to Old Navy for sponsoring this post.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- Mount Tamalpais Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Winter, Activities, Travel Guide, San Francisco
- This Flower Farm Will Make You Want To Become A Flower Farmer Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Sunday Farmer’s Market Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Marin Headlands Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Winter, Activities, San Francisco
- Black Sand Beach Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Winter, Activities, San Francisco
- Lakeside Morning Posted in
- Calistoga Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Blue & White Floral Trench Posted in Julia's Style, food, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, Europe, Travel Guide, Restaurants
- Misty Views Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Fall